We are currently recruiting two newly created Program Development Officer positions to join our Program Development team, ideally based in Washington DC, US or in London, UK. We will also consider applicants who are homebased in the US, UK, and other RI country of operations.
This is a national role and national terms and conditions apply.
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
About the opportunity
The Program Development Officer will support RI’s strategy and development of proposals, targeting humanitarian and development institutional government donors, including USAID, USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA), FCDO, ECHO, as well as other government bilateral donors. The role will report directly to one of two Global Program Development Managers, with delegated authority from the Head of Program Development.
- Supporting with preparation of proposals
- Conducting research on program sectors, and potential partners
- Creating and maintaining databases of consultants and proposal candidates
- Tracking program development opportunities and awards
- Analysing donor trends
- Planning and coordinating staff conferences and retreats
- Organizing and documenting departmental meetings
- Supporting with field office monthly reporting
- Assisting with the analysis of program budgets and expenditure data
- Supporting the editing, reviewing, and finalization of donor reports
- Providing administrative support as required
- Results driven and strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear, positive manner with diverse staff and stakeholders
- Strong computer skills and experience
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, ability to act independently to identify and analyze problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to travel up to 25%, as needed
- A bachelor’s degree in international development or a related field is preferred, but not required.
How to apply
This role is classified as requiring advanced pre-employment checks.
Please note you must have the right to work in your remote home based location, and that national terms and conditions apply.
To apply for this post, follow the link and click on the “Apply now” button.
- You will be asked to upload a CV and Cover Letter.
- The cover letter should be no more than 2 pages long and explain why you are interested in this post with Relief International, and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
Please apply as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis, and may withdraw the position before the job board closing date.
Due to limited resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
COVID 19: To ensure a safe workplace, RI follows government requirements, and in some locations a mandatory vaccination policy applies. When working or traveling on RI business, all staff, contractors and visitors must follow the rules and entry requirements of the country.
Relief International has a zero-tolerance policy for unlawful harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse. Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Recruitment to all roles in Relief International include a criminal records self-declaration, references, and other pre-employment checks, which may include police and qualifications checks.
Closing date: 12/14/2022