Land O'Lakes Venture37
Land O’Lakes Venture37 is awaiting the Netherlands-funded Activity, Strengthening Food Systems in the Beira Corridor in Mozambique. The Netherlands aims to reduce poverty and social inequality by a primary focus on youth and vulnerable people (YVP). By securing inclusion of YVP, socioeconomic development will become more sustainable and effective. The Activity will contribute to doubling the agricultural productivity and incomes of small-scale food producers, securing equal access to land, other productive resources and inputs, knowledge, financial services, markets and opportunities for value addition and non-farm employment. The Embassy is making an extra effort to ensure food security, while taking account of the environment and biodiversity through the implementation of resilient agricultural practices that help maintain ecosystems, that strengthen capacity for adaptation to climate change, extreme weather, drought, flooding and other disasters and that progressively improve land and soil quality. In taking action, the Dutch Government will focus on small-scale, sustainable, local food production, through research, innovation, vocational education and improvement of land rights (for women in particular). Digitalization and data play an important part.
Land O’Lakes Venture37 is currently seeking qualified Program Director candidates for an anticipated Netherlands-funded Strengthening Food Systems in the Beira Corridor in Mozambique Activity. The Program Director will provide strategic vision, overall leadership, and technical direction to the project. The Program Director will ensure the project is planned and executed with quality, accountability and measurable impact. The Program Director will be the primary liaison with the Embassy and the Government of Mozambique, will manage project staff and implementing partners to ensure proper reporting, financial management, and compliance. The Program Director is expected to provide a vision and technical leadership for project interventions and must be skilled in identifying solutions that strengthen the resilience of local communities and the private sector.
- Responsible for overall management to achieve project results – building sustainable, inclusive, and resilient food systems in Mozambique while serving as principal liaison with the Dutch Embassy representatives, relevant government counterparts and community stakeholders.
- Provide technical direction and leadership of international and local consortia as well as oversight of all administrative matters in all program areas.
- Develop and implement work plans for project activities and all project deliverables.
- Oversee implementation of project monitoring, evaluation and learning activities and ensure that project results are met.
- Supervise development and submission of project deliverables within budget and provide timely and accurate reporting and briefings to stakeholders on all program areas
- Ensure project is implemented in full compliance with Venture37 standard operating procedures and practices and all relevant donor regulations.
- Manage the program team in a manner that is open and respectful, encourages professional development, and solicits constructive staff input.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree (e.g. BA/BS) in agribusiness, international development, economics, business management, agricultural or rural development, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of demonstrated senior management experience in managing relevant Dutch and/or other similar donor-funded development programs.
- Demonstrated technical and management expertise in agricultural development and resilience strengthening projects including integrated water and soil management, particularly in Mozambique or similar environment.
- Proven leadership skills building and managing cooperative, high-level relationships and motivating diverse teams.
- Extensive experience and/or technical knowledge in designing, managing projects and activities, particularly related to income generation for rural women and youth and climate smart agricultural programming.
- Demonstrated experience adapting project implementation and activities to achieve objectives and targets as needed, particularly in fragile social and economic conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across projects, be flexible, and creative and successfully lead an intercultural team in development and post-conflict contexts.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in financial planning and management, human resources, procurement and other management support areas/functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral presentation skills.
- Fluency or proficiency in oral and written Portuguese.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Willingness and ability to relocate to the Beira Corridor
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- An advanced degree (e.g. MA/MS, PhD) in agribusiness, international development, economics, business management, agricultural or rural development or other relevant field.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated senior management experience managing relevant donor-funded market systems development programs.
- Previous experience serving as Program Manager on a Dutch-funded project.
- Established network among relevant organizations, businesses, and private sector actors in the food and nutrition security and water sectors.
- Experience managing donor-funded programs in Southern Africa.
- Experience managing projects under various mechanisms (e.g. contracts, grants, cooperative agreements).
The position described above is contingent upon activity award.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Land O’Lakes Venture37 will never ask you for personable identifiable information, and we will never request money or payment during the recruitment or employment process. Please submit any questions or concerns to: [email protected]
Land O’Lakes Venture37 is an equal opportunity employer and an organization striving to help global communities thrive through agriculture. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors. Our culture values a diversity of voices. So, bring us your unique experiences, your workstyle, and your dreams — they’ll only make us stronger.
How to apply
To apply Click this link Program Director – Mozambique – Careers (avature.net)
Closing date: 31 Jan 2023