Handicap International - Humanity & Inclusion
Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info: www.hi.org HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of persons with disabilities. JOB CONTEXT: Following a first step dedicated to assessment both in Ukraine and in neighbouring countries HI is now developing a large-scale inclusive, immediate and multi-sectoral humanitarian response to address the most acute needs of vulnerable conflict-affected populations in Ukraine and in Moldova in the frame of a 2-countries program. HI has designed a multi-sectorial intervention. Health In response to the significant health needs exacerbated by damages to health infrastructures, restrictions of movement as a result of ongoing hostilities, and the targeting of health facilities in some areas, HI aims to improve access to quality physical rehabilitation and mental health and psychosocial services (MHPSS) for conflict-affected vulnerable population (including injured), while also strengthening the capacity of existing health structures. Basic Needs To respond to the most acute needs for displaced households hosted by the local population or living in collective centres, HI will ensure they have access to sufficient and appropriate food, hygiene and non-food items (NFI) items, including tailored items responding to the specific needs of infants, older people and persons with disabilities. To this extend, HI will tailor its intervention modalities upon household needs whilst considering local market capacities in various geographical areas. Protection HI will ensure that vulnerable populations have access to tailored protection services (i.e. identification; orientation/information; direct service provision or referrals and tailored support to access existing services). Recent and ongoing attacks having dangerously exacerbated Explosive Ordnance (EO) contamination in Ukraine, HI will also conduct a multi-pronged approach to EO risk education and CPP, adaptable to the evolution of the conflict and humanitarian situation. In light of the grave concerns for vulnerable populations in Ukraine, including persons with disabilities, HI will not only ensure that responses are tailored to specific needs throughout its intervention, but will also foster a disability- inclusive humanitarian response. ATLAS Logistics ATLAS Logistics will operate a last-kilometre logistic platform (transport & storage) as close as possible to the area of distribution. In parallel and on an ongoing basis, ATLAS Logistique will conduct an in-depth analysis of the logistical capacities of the Ukrainian commercial sector and its adequacy to humanitarian needs in order to orient the AL operational response towards potential bottlenecks and gaps. HI in Ukraine is looking for a Program manager for 6 months.
YOUR MISSION: Annexation to the team linked to Ukraine program, you manage a team of 8 people. General mission: Under the responsibility of the Program Director, you contributes within the country where you are based to the implementation of the mandate and the 10-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion. In charge of programmatic strategy for the program, through a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms, you will ensures:
1. Coordination of program planning,
2. Grant management and target & budget allocations of the projects implemented in the country
3. Optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the country.
4. You will contribute to representation and coordination in consortia. Share with all HI managers the responsibility of a sound management and successful functioning of the global organization, through paradigm changes.
2. Programmatic Strategy
3. Programmatic Frameworks
4. Projects Monitoring
5. Grant Management
6. Influence and external coordination
• You have Bachelor’s degree in related field
• You have More than 3 years of experience as program/business developer, Program Coordinator, Head of programs, or similar background
• You have work experience in programming in multi-site, multi-sector programs, for humanitarian and/or development programs
• You have experience of working with INGO and experience of working with teams of people with varying experience of program development
• You have management and leadership of multi-cultural and multi-sector teams, on-site and remotely experiences
• You are fluent in English
CONDITIONS: At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
• 6 months International contract starting from 1st, June 2022
• The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation: o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution o Repatriation insurance paid by HI
• Salary from 2869€ gross/month upon experience
• Perdiem: 637€ net/month – paid in the field
• Hardship: 500€ net/month paid with your salary
• Paid leaves: 25 days per year
• R&R: according to the level of the mission Level 3: every 8 weeks
• Housing: Collective taken in charge by HI If you are resident in the country : local package
How to apply
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link:
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, don’t wait for applying!
Only successful candidates will be contacted.