Community Organized Relief Effort
CORE Response is providing humanitarian assistance to internally displaced and conflict-affected persons throughout Ukraine. CORE has projects focusing on providing specific support activities related to the Shelter, Cash and food security/NFI sectors in collective centers and in areas along the line of contact. CORE works in partnership with local NGOs and local government to deliver aid in a quick, targeted and efficient manner.
MUST BE UKRAINIAN NATIONAL.
The Program Manager in Ukraine provides operational support in the project related to humanitarian aid, monitoring & evaluation, and technical support to programs to improve the quality and effectiveness of field programs focused on several oblasts of Ukraine. The incumbent works closely with field personnel, with periodic travel around the Ukraine.
· Professional experience in implementing donor-funded projects and strong management experience, with preference for USAID funded donor experience.
· Ensuring project is sharply focused on programming goals and essential communications with key stakeholders are actively managed.
· Maintain existing and build new partnerships and connections with stakeholders (Government officials, local NGOs, etc) for effective program implementation and development.
· Work closely with a range of stakeholders, establish partnerships, disseminate complex, sensitive or contentious information.
· Make informed, timely and effective decisions with minimal guidance, distinguishing between relevant and irrelevant information, and consulting with others when appropriate.
· Monitor and report program progress within the agreed timeframes and to the organization’s standards.
· Support the Executive Director of CORE Ukraine in reviewing/drafting partner agreements, modifications, MOUs, and Agreements with recipient agencies as needed.
· Lead on scheduling, administration and noting of a range of project meetings.
· Work flexibly and well under pressure by planning and organizing workloads.
· Other duties as assigned.
Travel required up to 50% of time.
· Bachelor’s degree in directly relevant area required, Master’s degree preferred.
· 4-5 years’ experience with direct implementation of international donor-funded emergency response or development projects required.
· 2 to 3 years’ experience with humanitarian programs highly preferred.
· Experience in communication with a high volume of diverse stakeholders
· Experience in providing administrative and logistical support.
· Fluency in English and knowledge of Ukrainian/Russian desirable
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with field and home office staff to ensure quality and productivity.
· Microsoft Office Proficient
· Able to manage multiple priorities and work with minimum supervision and direction.
· Able to think creatively and critically about programs and activities, in order to challenge the status quo and promote continuous improvement.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be mobile in an office environment and able to use standard office equipment.
· Travel or work in oblasts in Ukraine where working conditions are classified as “hardship.”
How to apply
Please apply directly on our website, below:
Closing date: 9/30/2022