United Methodist Committee on Relief
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the work of the YAI including providing administrative oversight and contributing towards programming grants related to the ‘Yambasu Agriculture Initiative (YAI) and the Livelihoods and Food Security programs within the agency. S/he will report directly to the Director of YAI and coordinate processes related to the cultivation, award and management of all grants under the YAI program in Africa.
The incumbent will also be responsible for reviewing progress reports and providing useful feedback to partners for all grants awarded. Under the guidance of the Program Director, the incumbent will also liaise with Annual Conferences (partners) to identify and bring forward all emerging issues on the program implementation as they arise.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate the receipt, filing and review of all Grants related to Yambasu Agriculture Initiative.
- Coordinate processes and assemble all documentation needed for the timely approval of all grants by all related departments and ultimately by the Board.
- Contribute to driving program strategy under the guidance of the Director of the initiative and in compliance with processes and procedures within GBGM.
- Contribute to the aggregation of key statistics on program implementation that are required for reporting and telling the story around program implementation.
- Develop periodic reviews and quarterly updates on all grants underway. This will be done alongside other YAI consultants and at the guidance of the Director.
- With guidance provided by the Director, build capacities of Annual Conferences on 1) Sustainable Development and Agribusiness Management, 2) Utilization of Global Ministries procedures (reporting – Narrative, Finance & M&E, grant making, procurement policies etc).
- Support in the cultivation of other Livelihood and Food Security initiatives within GBGM with guidance from the Director.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the Program Director or General Secretary
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Agri-business management or related social sciences.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in managing Agriculture, Food Security and Livelihood programs within an international development organization.
- Experience in managing granting processes for international organizations through a typical granting cycle from conceptualization to closure.
- Experience in program administration in the area of Agriculture, Food Security and Livelihoods.
- Previous experience working in donor agency or grant-making context preferred.
Competencies, Job Requirements and Other Specialized Knowledge
- Provides regular updates to the Director of the Yambasu Agriculture Initiative and to the General Secretary, as needed.
- Develop and maintain a channel for being accountable to conference leadership and ensuring that conferences are accountable to the Global Ministries and UMCOR leadership.
- Familiarity with the principles and current approaches to food security and livelihood programming.
- Experience in program monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent verbal presentation and facilitation skills.
The Ideal Candidate
The candidate must be able to contribute to team objectives, coordinate, and network among/across teams. Will be able to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing. The candidate must also be able to recognize problems, gather information, and seek input from others to make timely decisions while communicating decisions to others.
Work Hours and Conditions
- FLSA Status: F/T Exempt
- Location: Remote
- Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm (Monday – Friday with flexible start/end time)
- May require work outside of standard business hours (to include weekends), particularly during peak unit season.
- Sedentary office/computer/keyboarding/meeting work for extended periods of time.
- Domestic and international travel as required.
- Remote work required.
What We Offer and How To Apply
- Global Ministries offers a competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, HSA/FSA, and other health and welfare benefits.
- Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, along with a digitally signed employment application through the applicant portal. Applications must highlight competencies against requirements, potential start date and at least three references (2 supervisory references and 1 professional reference.
- We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible, so do not wait to apply! We will review applications as they are submitted.
Global Ministries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No outside Firm/Agency call
How to apply
Click here to apply – Program Manager, Yambasu Agriculture Initiative (paycomonline.net).
*Closing date: 17-Oct-22