The Program Officer will be responsible for the following specific duties:
- Assist the STRIVE Program Manager in the further growth and development of the Capacity Building Programs Department to expand, design and implement international capacity building programs.
- Lead on the development, management and implementation of specific projects, as per the whole Project Cycle Management (PCM), from the identification and design, creation of work-plans and budgeting to aid in implementation and finalization of activities. Including, but not limited to, the management of tasks for Hedayah staff, consultants, interns, and grant recipients’ projects activities progress implementation, monitoring and evaluation within the STRIVE program, in coordination with the Program Manager.
- Revise grant recipients’ project activities content and ensure quality up to standard (these may include training curriculum, M&E data, questionnaires, and reports etc.), suggest and introduce corrective measures when monitoring projects in order to keep projects’ implementation on the right track, and collate and revise projects’ means of verification.
- Contribute and report directly to the STRIVE Program Manager as to the proper execution of day-to-day activities within the Department, including STRIVE program activities led by other team members.
- Draft forecast budgets in coordination with the Finance and Administration Department, monitor expenses, and lead on the logistical process of capacity building programs’ activities.
- Work with the capacity building programs team to develop, implement and report on capacity building programs, whilst ensuring compliance from grantee and beneficiary organization reporting (technical and finance). This includes developing tools to ensure grant recipients’ reporting compliance on monthly basis.
- Develop and review the design of capacity building programs to include content development (power point presentations, facilitator notes and other related documents), in coordination with the Program Manager.
- Develop and review capacity building programs’ tools and resources, conduct desk research and write publications related to capacity building programs to maximize the visibility of the capacity building programs’ results.
- Liaise and communicate with key partners, beneficiaries and grant recipients on specific aspects of STRIVE programs’ activities and initiatives.
- Develop strategic relationships and partnerships with stakeholders around the world involved in CVE capacity building programs and engage them in Hedayah’s activities, in coordination with the Program Manager.
- Create and review grant proposals for capacity building programs and project initiatives.
- Support the management and supervise the reporting, deliverables and deadlines of consultants and interns, in coordination with the Program Manager.
- Contribute towards the achievement of Hedayah’s wider/strategic objectives, to include: leading and/or supporting the development and/or review of internal and interdepartmental documents, strategies, policies and procedures; representing the organization at external events when required; leading and/or supporting interdepartmental programs; advising and contributing on corporate communications for capacity building programs; and supporting HR processes when required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- An advanced level university degree (Master’s Degree or academic equivalent) in International Relations, Political Science, Social Sciences, Terrorism Studies or related field.
- A minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in project or program management, capacity building, or related field
- At least two (2) years of working experience on issues related to countering violent extremism is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with the Project Cycle Management (PCM).
- Experience in working on the ground with Civil Society Organizations, identifying, designing and monitoring and evaluating projects’ progress implementation.
- Experience in managing logistical processes for projects, drafting terms of reference, revising budgets and monitoring payments, preparing contracts, revising grant contracts, preparing and revising Agreements and MOU’s, is required. Experience in content/curricula development and conducting research is required.
- Experience in working in an international setting, preferably in or with government entities or international organizations is desirable.
- Desirable: Experience in working on EU funded programming and related compliance protocols.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to lead on activities/projects is required.
- Ability to develop content and deliver capacity building programs in a variety of culturally diverse contexts is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders including governments, policy makers, community leaders and actors, NGOs, practitioners and experts is required.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team is required.
- Ability to manage internal and external relationships with diplomacy, cultural sensitivity and discretion is required.
- Ability to meet deadlines on a variety of diverse activities in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Ability to work on several tasks at the same time, prioritizing and properly handling stress, being able to keep calm and transmit this calmness to the rest of the team.
- Excellent command of written and oral English. Knowledge of second language is an asset (Arabic and/or Russian) but not essential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Result orientation.
- Building relationships.
- Cultural intelligence.
- Planning and organizing.
- Problem solving.
- Strategic Orientation.
- Decision Making.
- The position will be full-time, based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- Selected candidates will undergo a security clearance process.
- The candidate will be required to travel internationally, including to medium to high-risk countries.
This position is subject to final signature of the Grant Agreement (ongoing process)
How to apply
Send a short cover letter and CV to [email protected] no later than October 15th, 2022 – adding in the subject line “Program Officer Strive”.