Christian Blind Mission
We are looking for someone who will ensure
- Participate in Programme design and proposal writing;
- Take lead in Partner Budget Application Process – Mentorship/inducting of partners on; budget development and review; compile budget summaries; Uploading approved budgets into NAVISION; making necessary revisions as maybe required; providing budget Notifications to Program Team for sharing with partners;
- Provide partner trainings or capacity building as required including inducting partners on CBM contractual obligations, procedures and requirements including reporting templates, statutory requirements;
- Contribute as member of Team of Competency in Partner Assessments, compliance checks as required.
- Take lead in strengthening partner capacity in internal control systems and processes to ensure that financial resources as used by partners are in compliance with CBM financial policies, standards and procedures, and with specific donor requirements and contracts and provide training/coaching as needed;
- Review and upload final version of reports and relevant project documents on Share point in a timely manner as per CBM reporting schedule;
- Critically analyse partners’ financial reports for compliance against approved budgets; (e.g., PPR, CBM Project Financial Checklists, consolidated reports for consortia partners);
- Maintain status of all PPRs and other FIN reports received, reviewed and imported in NAV or shared with the Finance and Grants Specialist as per CBM reporting schedule;
- Carry out NAV import and export transactions such as AOR, ROF, partner profiles, and project cards, quarterly PPRs, reports received etc.;
- Review and reconcile partner YECRs with PPR and audit report within given deadlines including follow up on issues raised in the management letter;
- Jointly with programme team conduct partner field visits perform tasks such as inducting partners on CBM finance requirements and procedures, spot checks on finance management, internal controls in place and progress on capacity improvement recommendations;
- Review designated quarterly finance/narrative reports, year-end closing reports paying special attention to completeness, adherence to CBM format, burn rate within approved budget and supporting documentation.
- Support tracking and monitoring of partner’s budget implementation rate (BIR) in relation to fund transfer rate and ensuring partners receive project funds on time;
- In liaison with Program Team, prepare partner savings/unspent funds for approval before lapsing, re-allocation, re-designation and/or re-utilization;
- Support in the continuous updates and follow ups of partners issues log identified during field monitoring, compliance visits and audits;
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual Cash Flow Forecasts estimating the costs to be incurred in respect of each item set out in the Project Budget.
- Ensure payments and disbursements are according to approved policy and procedures.
- Ensure expenses are authorized and processed in accordance with agreed procedures
We are looking for someone who has;
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and B.Com.
- Professional qualifications in accounting (CPA or ACCA) is an added advantage;
- At least 2 year’s work experience in similar field, particularly with international NGOs or international development organization is preferred;
- Working knowledge of programme/budget cycle management, procedures, and donor requirements is an added advantage;
- Ability to maintain accounting systems which handle large amounts of information;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Effectiveness at team work and interpersonal relationships
- Keen analytical skills
- Experience of working with persons with disabilities or promoting disability rights is a distinct advantage.
How to apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via email below, a letter of motivation stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations**.**
Email : [email protected]
Application deadline: 30th September 2022
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct, CBM policy preventing Fraud and Corruption and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who meet the qualifications to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at http://www.cbm.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 30-Sep-22