Muzun for Humanitarian and Development
Title: Programme manager
Reporting Line: Executive Director
Duty station: Turkey, Gaziantep
Full time/ Part time: Full time
Muzun Foundation for Humanitarian & Development (MHD) is a civil society and Non-for -profit organization registered in Turkey, Gaziantep since 2015. The NGO was founded by professional humanitarian workers engaged in the Syria response (North NW Syria . We come from the communities affected by the conflict. We have set up this organization in order to support fellow Syrians with relief and non-relief assistance to maintain their under-pressured resilience and help them cope with the challenging conflict environment. In our work we focus on the most vulnerable including persons with special needs, children and women. As a grassroots organization, our work is community-led and therefore owned and sustainable
Programme Manager will work under supervision of Executive director for start-up, ongoing management, and continuing development of all daily activities under MHD’s CCCM , shelter, wash, protection Projects for the IDP camps inside of Syria.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the development of MHD sectors strategy ensuring coherence with partners’ strategic frameworks.
- Provides technical support to MHD’ teams, develops their capacities and guarantees high technical quality of the Shelter outcomes and activities implemented by MHD .
- Ensures relevance and appropriateness of the Shelter interventions and supports identification of sectoral needs and gaps in target areas through the design of assessments and monitoring tools, and drawing recommendations based on the assessment/monitoring findings to MHD Shelter Doners .
- Takes part in field monitoring of partners’ activities and draws recommendations to MHD Shelter and Camp team
- MHD on development of reporting mechanism, technical guidance documents and tools, sector policies and other technical documents with inputs from MHD Shelter project .
- Ensures that the Shelter, CCCM and Wash intervention is in line with the specific sectors guidance, global humanitarian standards, MHD Technical application and donor’s standards.
- Strengthens coordination between MHD Shelter, CCCM, and Wash partners ensuring coherence across programme approaches.
- Represent MHD at sectors meeting and enhances coordination with other stakeholders.
- Ensures appropriate monitoring mechanisms and indicators are in place with MHD ’s M&E Coordinator .
- Draws best practices and lessons learned ensuring they are reflected in programme design and implementation.
- Consolidates activity reports of MHD’s Shelter ,CCCM and Wash intervention and contributes to reports to Doners,
- Ensures that all key topics such as Housing Land and Property (HLP), protection mainstreaming and DRR are adequately reflected in the design and implementation of MHD Projects.
- Contributes to coordination and quality of Shelter and CCCM intervention of MHD’s Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM).
- Participates in the relevant meetings with partners, MHD and the donor including field visits.
- Managing and writing proposal & reports and coordination with Finance department.
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration – Economics – Engineering or any related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience within a humanitarian and/or development organization;
- Proven field experience in Shelter, CCCM,and Wash , protection programming (at least 3 years);
- Able to technically assess designs and works and to align these with donor requirements.
- Experience working in a consortium setting would be an asset;
- Familiarity with Shelter technical guidelines of donors, humanitarian standards and Shelter Cluster guidelines;
- Ability to influence and provide evidence for donor guideline development
- Experience in building the capacity of teams;
- Experience in representing an organization in strategic meetings and coordination fora;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills;
- Excellent command of English and Arabic, Turkish would be an advantage;
- Strong grasp of programme quality management including safeguarding and accountability mechanisms;
- Strong organizational, critical analysis and problem solving skills;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts.
- ·Excellent budgeting management experience
- Excellent experience working in Grants Management System (GMS)
- Valid legal papers (identity – residence – Turkish identity)
- Adherence to MHD Code of Conduct and internationally accepted humanitarian principles
*** Muzun Organization adopts international safeguarding standards of protection from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in work environments, and everyone who applies to work in Muzun Organization must agree to the Code of Conduct and work in accordance with these provisions.
How to apply
Applications for this position should be sent your Cv by below link :
Deadline is on 15, January ,2023
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 15 Jan 2023