Danish Red Cross
We are looking for a Programme Manager delegate, who can support Mali Red Cross (MRC) in managing/coordinating further consolidation of an ECHO funded pilot partnership project in emergency response. The response is adapted yearly and targeting IDPs and Persons affected by crisis (floods, droughts, conflicts, displacement) with multi-purpose cash transfers, as well as disaster risk reduction, disaster preparedness and long term resilience initiatives, in 4 Regions of Mali (Gao, Tombouctou, Segou and Mopti). The project is funded by ECHO through IFRC and implemented by Mali Red Cross in partnership with Spanish and Luxembourg Red Cross with Danish Red Cross as lead agency. Despite the project’s response character, it is envisaged to formulate/adapt interventions with a longer-term development perspective.
Danish Red Cross is engaged in a partnership with Mali Red Cross since 2006 supporting Mali Red Cross in delivering its 2021-25 strategic objectives in humanitarian response and development. DRC supports in resilience building, climate change adaptation and livelihood, migration, protection and humanitarian assistance at field level. At Headquarters in Bamako and at branch level in the mid-northern regions focus is also on general institutional and capacity development of Mali Red Cross at its Headquarter in Bamako and at Branch level in the mid-northern regions focusing on organisational set-up, administrative procedures and establishment/improvement of financial software/logistical emergency procedures.
Danish Red Cross is closely coordinating its support with IFRC, ICRC and other Movement partners including external partners.
- Ensure quality support/coaching to MRC in implementation of ongoing ECHO project activities and preparing for the consolidation and adaptation of next year’s intervention from May 2023.
- Assume immediate responsibility for report writing with support of interim delegate.
- Assist MRC in weekly coordination with Spanish and Luxembourg Red Cross to ensure simultaneous and smooth implementation of activities in Gao, Toumbouctou, Mopti and Segou, and if approved by ECHO also other regions (Kidal).
- Ensure implementation in line with agreed deadlines as formulated in project document and in donor contracts and make sure that all contracts and formal documents are duly elaborated with support of DRC-HQ technical support and filed according to normal procedure.
- Support the MRC staff in the quarter and annual planning of the project together with partners and in monthly coordination exchange with IFRC.
- Contribute to the integration of all project activities into MRC’s programme portfolio and DRC’s in-country strategic programme approach.
- Consolidate and evaluate continuously with partners and the global PPP strategic approach for the adaptation of activities in line with the situation at field level, and request ECHO for derogations if need be.
- Continue to ensure that relevant cross cutting components like climate adaptation, resilience building, PSS, CEA, PGI and other components are built into the project approach.
- Participate in IFRC programmatic lessons learnt exercises with a view to ensure Movement harmonisation and best practices throughout the project phase.
- Participate and possible take lead on application writing for new ECHO appeals with support from DRC and MRC HQs.
We are looking for a person who:
- Has a relevant academic background coupled with minimum 5 years of field experience/project management, preferably in a crisis situation.
- Excellent command of French & English in reading, speaking and reporting;
- Will be able to visit project activities in the north following ICRC’s security measures.
- Has at least basic knowledge of CBI/CVA methodologies;
- Knowledge in minimum 2 of the following areas: CASH, Resilience, Climate action/adaptation, environmental concerns, Forecast based action or other relevant fields.
- Excellent skills in coordination, partnership building, networking and understanding the present context.
- Strong writing skills in application development.
How to apply
Application and further information
The right candidate will be offered a 2-years contract, beginning as soon as possible, with potential for a possible extension (funding permitting). Non-family duty station, where the incumbent must follow DRC procedures built on ICRC security regulations. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the DRC Terms and Conditions for Delegates.
Deadline for submission of applications; 8th January 2023. Interviews immediately thereafter.
Apply thorugh Danish Red Cross website here.
Please do only submit the required documents, including Cover letter in English and Updated CV. We look forward to receiving your application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.