Job Title: Programs Manager
Duty Station: Gaziantep, Turkey
General Position summary:
With direct management support from the CEO and Support form all team members, the Programs Manager plays a key role in supporting project implementation, providing technical support and guidance to the SOP’s services including remote management of staff and/or partners inside NWS Syria, and ensuring the delivery of quality programming in NWS.
The position holder will support SOP’s intervention in different sectors including : Protection – Education – WASH – Health – FSL.
Program management and implementation
● Oversee the implementation of all Organization’s programming, including programme quality and budget management across all field sites;
● Undertake regular on-site visits to monitor the quality of activity implementation at the field-level and provide technical advice to field project staff as necessary;
● Ensuring project activities are implemented to a high quality based on relevent cluster and sub-clusters recommendations and standards.
● Ensure the relevance and implementation of technically sound beneficiary selection criteria and approaches;
● Ensure community participation during the implementation through appropriate mechanisms to address the needs of the most vulnerable categories.
● Liaise with donors and other implementing partners to ensure appropriate coordination of interventions and avoid overlapping activities. This will include attending meetings, workshops, and any other required sessions.
● Provide operational and technical support and mentoring to SOP’s partners and Sub-IPs and SOP staff for the implementation of ongoing projects’ activities.
● Manage and implement operational project plans based on a plan submitted to donors.
● Set Project plans (detailed implementation plan, procurement plan, human resource plan, spending plan…etc)
● Ensure risks are appropriately managed, including financial, safety and security, programmatic and reputational
● Ensure all internal and external narrative, statistic, and financial reports (weekly, monthly, interim and final) are submitted within agreed timeframes to the relevant stakeholders.
● Maintain open and professional relations with team members, championing a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
● Work closely with other support departments to ensure timely, qualitative, and appropriate execution of the operational procedures, including but not limited to the procurement of goods and services and staff recruitment.
● Participate in the staff recruitment process, new staff onboarding and induction process, capacity building, and performance appraisal of Program staff;
● Contribute into the process of developing programs plans and organizational strategic plans.
● Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
Partnership and Grants
● Lead the overall process of proposal writing, as well as taking responsibility of preparing the support documents as needed.
● Develop programme proposals and ensure timely and quality internal and donor reporting;
● Participate in identifying partnership opportunities to increase scope and quality of SOP´s programmes;
● Maintain active relations with Donors and identify potential partnerships.
● Will act as key FP for donor and partners related communications.
Finance, Procurement and Administration
● Accountability for the management of projects budgets (budget holder), with support from the Finance Manager
● In cooperation with the logs/procurement team, ensure that all relevant purchase orders are well prepared and submitted by providing all required BoQs and technical specifications to maintain the best level of provided services/supplies.
● Work closely with the finance department to ensure accurate projection of spending and forecast, adjust plans in light of foreseen over/underspending, and ensure that expenditures are in line with the projects’ objectives.
● Ensure HR policies are followed, including completion of regular Performance Management Meetings, with all Protection staff;
● Ensure that all relevant financial, supply chain, human resources and other administrative documentation is accurately completed and submitted
● Review monthly financial reports and share inputs/feedback
● Update the procurement plan and ensure the timely supply chain is in place by following up the submitted PRs by the officers.
MEAL , Reporting and IM
● Ensure weekly, monthly, and quarterly data collection analysis and reporting
● Work with information management team and MEAL for smooth and effective information collection and analysis
● Compile bi-weekly internal and monthly and quarterly donor reports.
● facilitate team meetings; ensure documentation and regular internal communication.
● Maintain up to date program/s files.
● Ensure timely submission of monthly, quarterly and end of projects reports in compliance with internal and external/donor requirements.
● Provide support in reviewing internal monitoring and evaluation reports
● Support to and engagement in establishment/implementation of accountability mechanisms to ensure feedbacks of people of concern are duly captured into program adaptations and improvement.
● Ensure independent verification mechanism of projects’ activities is in place.
● Review and send cluster reports/updates, data collection, and reporting projects’ activities through the 4Ws submission.
● Develop internal learning and appropriate program adjustments due to new opportunities/challenges;
● Work closely with the team to support the development of accountability activities, ensuring compliance with CHS.
Representation and coordination
● Ensure SOP’s services are in line with agreed cluster and sub-cluster SOPs and services are coordinated with other service providers in Syria
● Ensure information is submitted to cluster and sub-clusters for better coordination of responses in Syria
● Represent SOP in coordination meetings as Needed
● In cooperation with other team members represent organization and maintain close collaboration and good relations with donors and other partners;
· Educational background in Social Science, Civil Engineer, International Relations, Law, or any relevant field / Master degree is plus .
· Minimum 4 years of experience of which a minimum of 2 years is in a managerial level in Similar position.
· Proven experience in developing and delivering training and of group facilitation.
· Strong communication skills, with good understanding of relevant cross-cultural and sensitive issues
· Experience in managing SCHF/UN funded projects along with experience in GMS platform and institutional donors regulations.
· Proved experience in CN and Proposal Writing.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment
· Strong problem-solving and innovation to address gaps and challenges
· Excellent relationship-building, interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise diplomatically
· Solid ability to provide leadership, management, team building, coaching, and development for staff
· Ability to work under pressure and strong time management skills to meet both short-term and long-term objective
· Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to produce timely and high quality of work.
· Demonstrated high level of flexibility, responsiveness, and reliability
· Experience of working with local stakeholders and partners
· Excellent communication skills in both Arabic and English , Turkish is plus.
· Strict adherence to humanitarian and Protection principles and standards, as well as organizational policies including Code of Conduct and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA).
· Able to work legally in Turkey (Turkish nationally or having valid residency)
*Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position
**Due to the urgency of this position Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
How to apply
Interested candidates may submit their applications through the following Link :
Deadline to receive applications is : 15 , April , 2022