Refugee Consortium of Kenya
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT: INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT & DEVELOPMENT LOCATION: NAIROBI
RCK MISSION: To safeguard and protect the rights and dignity of forced migrants and host communities through provision of legal aid, psychosocial support, advocacy, capacity building and promotion of inclusive governance.
JOB PURPOSE: Under supervision of Finance and Admin Officer, s/he will be in charge of procurement as well as support human resource and office administration functions.
REPORTING LINES: Finance & Administration Officer
: Staff reporting to this post: Interns/Volunteers
- The Project Associate, Procurement / with some human resource and admin functions will liaise with the project and programme officers to determine organization purchasing and logistics needs based on project specifications.
- Ensure procurement best practice is followed using the detailed guidelines provided in the RCK’s Procurement Manual SOPs.
- Receive and review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for RCK equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and cost effective manner.
- Assist with the preparation of Request for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch, in consultation and collaboration with the relevant project and or programme officers.
- Filing, invoicing, record keeping, following up payments, order disbursement and distribution, responding to inquiries, quotations.
- Maintain appropriate records such as vendor quotes, purchasing requisitions, purchase orders and reports to ensure that procurement process decision, and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes.
- Assist in any internal and external audits and the maintenance of a running list of previous audit recommendations and the status of their implementation.
- Maintain regular contact with contracted suppliers to monitor adherence to delivery period according to the terms of procurement agreement.
- Preparation and sharing of procurement reports with the management team once the process is complete.
- Assist HR in revising and updating job specifications/descriptions for various positions within the organization.
- Assist the HR Officer in drafting of written reports, memos, letters, and policies.
- Assist in developing long lists of applicants, planning for interviews and responding to unsolicited applications.
- Assist HR during the drawing of new staff contracts and annual renewal of contracts.
- Assisting in the management of the staff annual leave schedule for the organization in adherence with the HR policies.
- Propose improvements to the RCK procurement, Logistics and HR processes.
- Train procurement committee on procurement guidelines and standards.
- Assist in running of the staff welfare program for all staff.
- Maintain cordial relations with RCK vendors and suppliers of goods and services.
- Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Higher diploma in Supply chain management, Procurement, business administration, Human Resources or related field
- A degree in Supply chain management, Procurement, business administration is an added advantage.
- A minimum of one-year experience in procurement.
- Experience in Logistics, communication and human Resources Management is an added advantage.
- Conversant with laws and regulations governing public procurement and asset disposal
- Must be reliable and should accurately follow instructions with the ability to multitask and acclimatize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to coordinate sourcing strategies and developing a comprehensive supplier base for the supply of goods and services.
- Outstanding administrative, communication and negotiation skills.
- Familiar with Employment and Labour Legislation of Kenya.
- Highly Professional.
- High standard of personal integrity, discipline and honesty.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
How to apply
To submit your application, send a cover letter along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary, 3 professional referees including your last supervisor and their email and telephone contacts, to be received by 5.00pm, Monday 30th May 2022. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Subject Line: “Application for Project Associate-Procurement/HR” Email: [email protected]
RCK is an equal opportunity employer. The Recruitment Committee