Field based position in Sudan.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
August 2022. Full-time 12 months.
The Project Coordinator manages the implementation and coordination of the designated field projects. Providing leadership, strategic direction, management, and evaluation of all aspects of the Medair projects, the Project Coordinator also plays a key role in liaison with local authorities and other relevant stakeholders, team leadership, and security.
Medair has started a new emergency response operation in Gedaref in Eastern Sudan in 2021, focused on refugees fleeing from conflict in Ethiopia. Medair is responding across multiple sectors in the refugee camps that have been established and plans to include further activities amongst the surrounding host communities. The emergency response has undertaken projects in Shelter/NFI, water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), community health, and is looking to expand further in 2022.
Key Activity Areas
- Oversee the overall implementation of the designated project(s) in consultation with the relevant Project Manager(s) and in accordance with the project proposals, ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget. Where necessary ensure preventative and corrective action is taken.
- Manage a comprehensive activity plan for the designated project(s), including resource needs analysis, covering the time frame of the project proposal.
- Support relevant Project Manager(s) in day-to-day decision making as requested.
- Ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation against project objectives is conducted and reports provided to the relevant in-country or GSO managers or to donors.
- Maintain an overview of the regional context with a view to the strategic development of new projects both in current sites and in surrounding regions. This may include baseline needs assessments.
- Support the Programme Funding Manager, technical Advisers and the Country Director in the development and production of new concepts and proposals.
- Develop, in consultation with the other senior field managers, an implementation strategy which is appropriate to the country context and strategy.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of activities to Medair, donors, line managers, and any other relevant bodies.Ensure all relevant documents related to the designated project(s) are produced and filed according to Medair and donor guidelines.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
- This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- University degree in a relevant subject such as Management / Development Studies / Business Administration / International Development/Relations / Political Science
- Excellent English (spoken and written)
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent working knowledge of the English (spoken and written)
- 2 years post-qualification experience in a management position, in a relief environment
- Self-motivated, energetic, hard-working, servant-hearted
- Self-initiating, proactive and entrepreneurial
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels, Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner, Able to cope with basic living conditions in the field and during field trips
- Knowledge of Humanitarian Essentials, Sphere and CHS Standards and other international humanitarian guidelines and protocols, Advanced planning, assessment and analytical skills, Good report and proposal writing skills, Good negotiation skill Problem-solving ability
- Advanced leadership and project management skills, Committed to consultative and servant leadership, Excellent communication skills, Experience and willingness in training/mentoring staff, Dynamic, mature
- Committed to team-building and able to develop and support other team members
How to apply
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values.
- Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
- Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair Page.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Closing date: 10/19/2022