ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The project coordinator provides support to the Program Manager, Technical Specialist, Country Director and team in the implementation and administration of activities. This is a wide-reaching support role that will provide support to administrative, operational, and technical aspects of Internews’ US and European funded portfolio of projects. This role reports to the Program Manager.
This is a remote-based position. All remote candidates will be considered. Preference will be given to candidates based in U.S. or MENA region. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited term position with an anticipated term of 12 months. This position may possibly be extended, contingent upon funding .
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Perform general project administration including file management, processing payments and contracts, reconciling credit card statements, and gathering and tracking documentation from partners;
- Track payments to subgrantees, vendors and consultant, and flag any payment delays for follow-up with appropriate Internews Staff.
- Communicate regularly and follow-up with partners and track their progress;
- Organize and monitor activity schedules and follow-up on deadlines;
- Develop and translate communication materials in Arabic;
- Support country-specific operational procedures in coordination with HQ Business Management Unit;
- Assist in activity coordination with program team, trainers, and partners;
- Assist program team in logistical organization for project activities;
- Assist in project documentation and data collection.
- Assist in drafting donor reports as needed
- Any other tasks as required by the program team.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 1 to 2 years’ experience in a non-profit organization;
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic (speaking, understanding, and writing);
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Knowledge of Sudan and the current context
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Outstanding organizational skills, including knowledge and proficiency with excel sheets and managing and tracking detailed information;
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Positive and encouraging personality, enthusiasm for building positive connections with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- Willingness to travel internationally to provide administrative and logistical support for events as needed
How to apply
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.
Deadline: 10 Apr 2023