International Potato Center
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking an experienced Project Management Unit (PMU) Officer to work directly with CIP Leaders and help them to execute worldwide projects and ensure the delivered on-time, within the applicable scope and budget.
About the role: This position provides project operations support to CIP Project Leaders and Research for Development projects worldwide. It will assist in the coordination of programmatic, logistical, and consulting support. The position is an integral member of the Project Management Unit and other Operations teams collaborating and coordinating with Regional Directors, Program Leaders, Country Managers, and Project Leaders to deliver successful completion of agreed-to project deliverables, on time and in budget, to donors and customers. This position will assist in ensuring that project staff follow CIP policies and procedures while adhering to donor rules and regulations while acting as the liaison between project field offices and Lima-based interdepartmental teams (i.e., Finance, HR, Grants and Contracts, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Proposal Development Team) to ensure projects are successful. This position includes up to 20% travel to field sites. This position will be based in New Delhi, India
Key responsibilities: Implementation and Compliance
• Serve as primary point of contact for Operational support units during and after the life of the project.
• Develop and maintain professional working relationships with internal CIP Programs, CGIAR Initiatives, Regions, and operations managers and other internal partner stakeholders.
• In support of the CIP Institutional Budget lifecycle, coordinate with Project Leader the preparation of portfolio annual project workplans and quarterly implementation plans taking in consideration potential carry over analysis.
• Support Unit leadership in review of annual staff allocations to projects.
• Support Unit leadership with the coordination and preparation of start-up meeting agenda and minutes, done in coordination with Project Leader and all relevant CIP internal units. Ensures proper monitoring of follow up or identified action items.
• Support Project Leaders with finalization and monitoring of project risk register and upload to country risk register.
• Support Project Leaders with drafting of partner workplans and budgets.
• Travel to new project locations or countries, as required, to lead the efficient and effective project start-up and close out processes.
• Monthly tracking of projects’ annual budgets and forecast while working with project management to explain variance and make needed programmatic course corrections if necessary.
• Review Project Status Reports to ensure strong monthly financial oversight, including correct staff time allocation.
• Review invoices from project partners, challenge or approve as appropriate
• Supports Project Leaders with contractual management, linked to the Grants and Contracts unit
• Supports Unit leadership in close of year annual review of implementation trends or bottlenecks.
• Support Unit leadership with the coordination and preparation of close-out meeting agenda and minutes, done in coordination with Project Leader and all relevant CIP internal units. Ensures proper monitoring of follow up or identified action items to ensure proper close out.
Monitoring and Reporting
• Responsible for leading, in support of Project Leaders, quarterly technical and financial progress reviews against yearly workplan, milestones, deliverables, and budgets to determine implementation rate within country context.
• Support Project Leader with partner communications and implementation; including monitoring, report submission and approval of payments.
• Identification of projects deviating from original implementation curve, providing feedback and identifying action steps needed to achieve project objectives and delivery. • Assist project team with management and implementation of project deliverables
• Support the Project Leader with monitoring of procurement plans and approval of internal purchase requisitions.
• Lead internal review process for approval and preparation of workplan or budget donor modification requests in communication with relevant CIP internal units.
• Internal knowledge of project compliance matrix under project portfolio is required.
• Support PIs in completing and submitting (via The Office of Grants and Contracts) all Donor required reports coordinating with CIP internal units as appropriate.
• Coordinate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and Project Management the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan per donor requirements.
• Regularly champion project successes through stories, website postings, Past Performance Reports, flyers and corporate capability statements
• Organize and maintain institutional shared knowledge portals for supporting projects (KM Hub, websites).
• Ensure consistent and proper use of the International Potato Center brand.
• Liaise with donors, partners and collaborators to exchange necessary project information.
• Coordinate with Program Leaders to communicate relevant project information throughout the organization
• Supports the Head of PMU in coordinating PMU staff. Contributes to performance evaluation and development of PMU staff.
• Supports the Head of PMU in gathering and analyzing data through statistical analysis and writing reports that can offer management effective solutions for projects.
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Financial Management or related field.
• At least 6 years of relevant experience in a similar position.
• Experience working with international donors is essential. • Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel.
• Advanced Knowledge in software solutions (ERP) • Proficiency in project management software tools.
• Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English and Hindi.
• Recognized as results-oriented team player who is adaptable to changing business needs and capable of contributing to the team’s success effectiveness.
What are the conditions?
• Great career opportunity in an international organization.
• Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
• One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
• The position is local thus limited to Indian nationals and permanent residents.
• Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply
How to apply?
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/jobs and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on October 12 th , 2022 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will not have contact with children or vulnerable adults. Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.