Jouri Research & Consultancy
Terms of Reference for the Project Manager
The incumbent of this position will be contracted by Jouri to perform Monitoring functions in support of UNICEF-supported programmes in Syria
Position: Project Manager
Contract duration: 1 year
Start date: ASAP
1. BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE
The Project Manager/Coordinator will be responsible for supervising and supporting the administration and logistics for a team of Third Party monitors; conduct a quality check for the collected data and analyses; and liaising with UNICEF for the over management of the third party monitoring project. The Project Manager will have specific expertise and a thorough knowledge of the Syrian territory in which they operate, based on their residency and/or work experience.
2. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
· Under the supervision of Jouri’s Head of Information Unit, and with technical support from the Survey Expert/Data Analyst as well as guidance from the UNICEF PME section, the Project Manager will:
· Supervise and manage the work of all Third Party Monitors in their monitoring/data collection activities as well as the work of the Survey Expert/Data Analyst.
· Oversee the administrative requirements of the Third Party Monitors (acting as a linkage between the Third Party Monitors and the recruited company) including on issues of HR, transportation and logistics.
· Collect reports and data produced by the Third Party Monitors
· Oversight of the Survey Expert/Data Analyst as he/she conducts the quality check, validation, and analysis based on the collected reports and data.
· With support from the Survey Expert/Data Analyst, produce and communicate the reports, data and analysis to UNICEF on a monthly basis, and according to the standard format agreed with UNICEF.
· Coordination with the Survey Expert/Data Analyst, present findings to UNICEF PME and relevant programme colleagues on a monthly basis (or as needed).
· Undertake related but special assignments required by the management with regard to quick assessments, in-depth analysis of specific cases.
· Additionally, the Project Manager/Coordinator will act as the supervisor for all Third Party Monitors engaged in the contract.
3. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• preferably Master’s degree in a field related to the scope of work .
• At least seven years of progressively responsible relevant work experience on programme management.
• Experience with the UN or other international development organization an asset
• Field work and field monitoring experience an asset.
• Background/familiarity with emergency response an asset
• Fluency both verbal and written in English and Arabic.
• Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyse diverse and complex information from a wide range of sources to make analytical statements to inform decision-making.
• Very good report writing skills.
• Capacity to work in an emergency context under stressful conditions and strict deadlines.
• Analytical & conceptual ability, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills.
• Ability to organize complex work and projects.
• Good computer skills, including experience with various software applications.
How to apply
Contract period is one year with the possibility of extension. The contract includes a probation period of two months.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please use the link to upload your cover letter and C.V. (Please ensure that your documents are titled with your first name only) https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/dNa86iSg
Jouri is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by international data protection laws.