Projects Management Office Manager/ CARE International in Jordan
CARE International seeks a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security. In Jordan, CARE will be recognized for its commitment to the humanitarian protection and empowerment of communities especially women and girls, where rights are secured, and human potential fulfilled for all.
CARE in Jordan leads humanitarian protection, economic empowerment, and civic engagement interventions for women and girls from poor and vulnerable communities in the fight to overcome poverty, gender-based violence, and social injustice. We nurture accountability, leadership and political will internally and among our partners to achieve this mission.
CARE values equality, integrity, transformation, excellence, diversity, and respect for the dignity and worth of every human being, where we affirm the dignity, potential, and contribution of all; communities we work with, partners, donors, and staff.
CARE International established a presence in Jordan in 1948, created in the wake of the Palestinian refugee crisis. Over 70 years later, CARE has served the needs of the Palestinian, Iraqi, Somali, Sudanese, and now Syrian refugee communities.
CARE’s scope of work has evolved from emergency response to long-term development programming, now encompassing an Urban Refugee Protection Program, the Azraq Camp Program, and the Sustainable Development Program.
CARE International in Jordan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or disability.
CARE is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us
CARE International in Jordan has a vacancy for the post of Projects Management Office Manager :
The Projects Management Office (PMO) Manager will be responsible for the entire project cycle management including planning, implementation, and timely completion. This includes defining priorities, functions, and aligning expectations. The PMO Manager will lead project cycle management for the organization and develop/update tools, processes as well as ensure best practices, and documentation to feed into learning, enhance efficiencies, and further strengthen related processes. S/he is responsible for improving project cycle management including streamlining tools and processes across all projects to improve documentation and efficiency. S/he will create and maintain project documentation and track metrics, provide reporting inputs to the Country Office leadership, and ensure all projects support the overall business objectives of CARE Jordan.
Internally, the PMO Manager will design and lead a multidisciplinary team who works across different CARE Jordan Programs and ensure close collaboration with Program Managers, Finance, Procurement and Program Quality Colleagues for timely, appropriate, and efficient execution of projects. Externally, the PMO Manager will coordinate with the Government Liaison Officer to ensure government approvals are secured in a timely manner.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Strategic Leadership :
•Establish/update and roll out standardized Project Cycle Management (PCM) tools and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in adherence with CARE’s global PCM guidelines and train relevant staff on them.
• Establish and maintain the priorities of the PMO and build required capacities accordingly.
• Develop road maps, and the strategic goals of the PMO and its team.
• Work with Program Support colleagues to ensure efficient coordination and communication protocols are in place
Project Cycle Management and Compliance :
In close coordination with the Business Development and Grants Manager (BDGM), oversee and ensure all funding opportunities, proposals, contracts, and contractual amendments adhere to CARE internal processes and regulations.
• In close collaboration with the BDGM, analyze and maintain coordinated financial data, including project budgets, risks, and resource allocation.
• Work closely with relevant Program and Program Support departments to develop financial spending, HR, Admin, Logistics and Procurement plans for progress tracking.
• Systematically assess progress across all projects and ensure they are meeting CARE standards, adhere to budgets, and other PCM tools and other donor rules, regulations, and commitments.
• Oversee, plan, and arrange for timely and systematic project kick-off, review and closure meetings and ensure cross departmental contribution (Support Services, Operations and Program Quality).
• Define, disseminate/delegate project priorities and follow up to meet deadlines.
• Work closely with the PQI department to ensure lessons learned from monitoring, accountability mechanisms, and audits etc. are capitalized on with timely course corrections.
• Coordinate with CARE’s government liaison on relevant Government of Jordan requirements related to approval and/or implementation of all CARE projects.
• Ensure quality adherence to CARE’s Quality Markers, in collaboration with the PQ team.
• Support internal and/ external field and monitoring visits from CARE programs and donors.
Reporting and Communicating :
In close coordination with the BDGM and Program Quality and Impact team and Program Managers ensure coordinated, timely and quality donor reporting.
• Coordinate donor reporting deadlines, tools, templates, and standards, and required inputs with all relevant staff/departments.
• In coordination with relevant Program Managers, ensure the production of high quality and timely reports that accurately reflect the impact achieved during the implementation of the project and in compliance with donor guidelines and CARE standards.
• Coordinate with the Information Management colleagues team, to ensure the tools and processes in place are adequate to collect relevant information required for internal and external reporting.
• Provide editing and quality assurance of all internal and external reports for review by the Management prior to dissemination.
• Build and maintain relationships with relevant networks and grant management staff of similar organizations in the country
• Provide capacity building, mentoring, training and supervision to program teams and local partners on reporting, and support in the development of standardized information and reporting tools.
Qualifications (Know How):
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Administration, or a related field.
Master’s degree in a related field
At least7 years of professional experience in related field.
• Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities.
• Good attention to detail and analytical skills.
• Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams.
• Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.
• Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, participatory approach and sustainable development.
• High level of expertise in using Microsoft Word & Excel
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work on one’s own and complete tasks and produce high-quality output.
• Should be customer-focused, communicating with impact and managing performance effectively.
• Proactive in problem-solving, initiating actions and making operational decisions.
•A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisory position
• Strong leadership skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to details and technicalities.
• Excellent organizational and technical skills.
• Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
• Proven experience in managing projects, and managing information and reporting to donors (USAID, BPRM, FCDO, ECHO, UNHCR, OCHA, etc.)
• Proven track record of supporting a senior management team.
• Demonstrated experience of working closely with program operations, business development and support services teams on activity planning and monitoring grants.
• Understanding of operational programming, including humanitarian and development settings.
• Experience communicating with impact in a complex stakeholder environment.
How to apply
Applications can be submitted until April 12,2022 after that interviews will start for applicants.