Première Urgence Internationale
Fixed-term contract – 6 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Learn more on our history, our values, our areas of intervention.
Focus on our activities in Poland
Our mission in Poland open in March 2022 in response to the ukrainian crisis. PUI quickly developed PSS and Protection activities and is looking to expand its response in the coming weeks.
What about the Protection Coordinator ?
As Protection Coordinator, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the mission’s operational Protection strategy as well as for the quality of current and future Protection programmes throughout the design, implementation monitoring and evaluation phases. You will build the capacity of the mission’s Protection department and provide technical support to the project teams and in particular to the Protection Project Managers in a functional relationship. You will represent PUI to the authorities, humanitarian actors and donors for the Protection sector. With all technical coordinators and the MEAL department, you will provide technical support to ensure that protection mainstreaming principles are taken into account in all PUI interventions.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Context analysis / Strategy / Development: You will participate in the development of the operational strategy in Protection and contribute to the design of new relevant Protection interventions on the mission based on the identified Protection needs in the country, and in line with PUI Protection intervention framework. In coordination with the Protection team, you will also monitor Protection activities in the country and analyse their strengths and weaknesses.
- Programmes quality: You will provide technical support in your field of expertise to the programme teams, in particular to the Protection Programme Managers, and ensure the quality and effectiveness of the mission’s Protection programmes.
- Representation / Coordination: You will ensure PUI’s external representation for the Protection sector to partners, donors, national authorities and local actors, and represent PUI in the Protection Cluster / Protection sector coordination group meetings. You will also contribute to the good information sharing within the Protection sector.
- Human Resources / Training: You will provide technical support to the project teams and in particular to the Protection team, but also to the project managers for the recruitment of technical staff in Protection. You will also supervise the content of Protection training and the quality of Protection activities on the basis of identified needs.
- Logistics and Administration: You will ensure that Protection teams under your responsibility follow logistic and administrative procedures and keep the logistic and administrative departments informed.
- Security: You will contribute to the compliance with security rules on the mission and share all information related to security to your line manager and/or to the mission’s security manager.
The challenges that await you :
Structuration and management of the Prot department and Team Strong guidances on the development of PUI mandate and operational response Analysis of the needs and develoment for the mission
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Master‘s degree in humanitarian project management/business school/political sciences/social sciences/law or other related field.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 2 years in protection program management or a similar position, by an experience in protection mainstreaming and protection monitoring, and an experience in environments with protection threats. You also have a strong understanding of global protection principles and standards, and relevant bodies of international law. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You master project management, quality monitoring and team management. You demonstrate capacity to deliver trainings on protection, and you have a good understanding of institutional donors’ procedures (UN agencies, ECHO, EuropAid, OFDA, AAP, etc.)
- Qualities : You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, leadership, good analytical and organisational skills, flexibility, and a high sense of discretion. You are able to take responsibility in a proactive approach in order to make proposals and to identify solutions. You have a strong ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages : English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Spanish, Arabic and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Come join the team that is setting up PUI’s presence in Poland and response to the Ukrainian refugee crisis. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Cadre with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 650,00 – 3 130,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.