Amentum / PAE / Macfadden is seeking a PSC Recruiter, Junior to support USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) in Washington, DC.
USAID’s Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) leads and coordinates the U.S. Government’s humanitarian assistance efforts overseas in response to natural disasters and protracted crises. The bureau also supports early recovery efforts that restore and protect basic systems and services and invests in risk reduction programs that prevent or reduce risks associated with chronic and recurrent hazards. Macfadden serves as an Institutional Support Contractor to USAID, where day-to-day work assignments and oversight are provided by BHA office directors, deputy office directors, or technical leads, with formal supervisory and evaluation functions performed by a Macfadden contract supervisor.
The PSC Recruiter, Junior will:
- Assist the United States Agency for International Development’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance throughout the pre-award contract process.
- Perform a range of functions in the pre-award contract process.
- Handle offers in response to posted solicitations.
- Serve as the point of contact for all general external communication.
- Facilitate the processes for USAID/BHA to evaluate, interview and select candidates under the PSC hiring mechanism.
- Be assigned primary responsibilities based on demonstrated skills, experience, and workflow requirements, with opportunities for cross-training.
- Receive, review, respond to, organize, and track a large number of emails on a daily basis by PSC applicants in response to published U.S. Federal Government solicitations.
- Quickly read, comprehend, and analyze numerous documents that are often lengthy and include technical terms and acronyms related to humanitarian and disaster assistance.
- Report directly to the PSC Recruiting Team Lead and/or the PSC Recruiting Deputy Team Lead.
- Prepare, post, and manage solicitations for all PSC positions with USAID/BHA.
- Manage communication with senior clients, USAID/BHA staff, agency staff, current and potential PSC candidates, and the general public, demonstrating an appropriate sense of urgency when responding to customer requests.
- Prepare and appropriately format all internal documentation related to the pre-award PSC contract process with USAID/BHA.
- Ensure all solicitation, pre-award contract documents, and communications are error free, accurate and in compliance with USAID, U.S. Government, and other regulations, laws, standards, procedures.
- Facilitate the technical evaluation process for a portfolio of USPSC solicitations.
- Schedule interviews and writing tests, and check references and academic credentials.
- Schedule and confirm meeting spaces, conference calls, etc.
- Take accurate and comprehensive meeting notes.
- Monitor and track upcoming actions and deadlines.
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage internal trackers and financial invoices.
- Maintain databases and lists and individual and team calendars.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reports.
- Produce materials for evaluation committee review meetings (e.g., make binders).
- Prepare offeror and selection materials.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files, answering questions for offerors, reporting on ongoing actions and other support as needed.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a minimum of a Facility Access Clearance (FAC) or Secret Security Clearance issued by the US Government for the duration of your employment on this contract.
- Must be willing and able to work outside of regular office hours when needed.
- Must have at least 1 year of directly related recruiting experience.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have outstanding customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires reliability and efficiency.
- Must be motivated, self-directed, and proactive.
- Must excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment while maintaining a calm, friendly, helpful, and mature attitude while under pressure.
- The ability to complete tasks independently in a timely manner is required.
- Requires outstanding writing and editing skills for drafting, finalizing, publishing, and documenting a high volume of written products as part of the PSC pre-award contract process.
- Must have advanced skills with Microsoft Office, (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) email, and internet applications.
- Requires the ability to learn quickly.
- Must have superior critical thinking skills.
- Requires demonstrated professional experience, skills, and ability to interact with a wide range of colleagues throughout the organization, including the most senior levels of USAID/BHA.
- Must be eager to learn and grow.
- Requires an extreme attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, and a highly professional, customer service-oriented approach to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government procurement and contracting processes is preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.