ABOUT COMMON GOAL:
With more than three billion fans, football is the largest social phenomenon on the planet. No other sport boasts such wealth, reach or cultural significance. Common Goal is rooted in the belief that the world’s most popular sport is one of the few cultural forces strong enough to help shift society towards a more sustainable and equitable future for all.
We want to maximise the game’s contribution to people and planet by forging a lasting connection between football as a business and football as a catalyst for social transformation. We believe that achieving long-lasting change requires everyone’s collaboration. That’s why we are building a movement that creates opportunities for every stakeholder in football to participate and collaborate in support of our people and planet.
Bottom-up and inside-out, we place all our focus on strengthening local capacity to transform realities, embedding purpose at the heart of the football industry and using football as enabler to inspire a shift in mindset.
ABOUT COMMON GOAL’S IMPACT STRATEGY:
It is our goal to prove and improve how football helps understand, address, tackle, influence and create positive, sustainable change around the SDGs. In order to make this happen, we have designed an impact logic that allows for consistent reporting throughout the Common Goal movement. The impact logic will be applied to different thematic impact areas, such as Education, Peacebuilding and Climate, for which quantitative and qualitative indicators will be designed. Ultimately, Common Goal’s Impact Logic aims to improve accountability within the Common Goal movement and to enable learning and reflection for all members of the Common Goal movement, including ourselves.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will have a key role in helping Common Goal to design the indicators on different thematic impact areas, collect quantitative and qualitative data, manage data on our data platform and visualise data in impact reports and in developing material and workshops to allow for systematic learning for Common Goal members. Therefore, this position will require someone who has an eye for detail, who loves strategic thinking and is enthusiastic about monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- You assist in the design of impact strategies for our different thematic impact areas, such as Gender, Education and Peacebuilding;
- You support in the facilitation of strategy meetings of the different thematic working groups;
- You support in the management and visualisation of impact data and organisational data on our online data platform;
- You assist in the design of specific in-house trainings on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning for our Common Goal members;
- You research and systematise existing tools, indicators and evaluation mechanisms that the Common Goal movement could use to improve data management and impact reporting;
- You support our Impact Manager and Quality Seal Manager in the creation of visual material for presentations and outreach material;
- You assist in the collection of impact evidence for our global football for good model and the creation of interactive impact reports.
- You are a matriculated university student (mandatory), preferably in an advanced semester;
- You are located in Germany, ideally Berlin;
- You are fluent in English, other languages are an advantage (Spanish, German, Portuguese and French preferred);
- You have good knowledge of MS Office and you are familiar with social media;
- You have experience with the management and visualisation of data in Excel and online data platforms;
- You have a strong interest in and/or initial experience with the topics monitoring, evaluation and learning, or topics like international development, social entrepreneurship, development politics, or sport for development.
- You are a quick learner with the ability to self-manage your tasks;
- You actively listen, are open to others’ ideas and backgrounds, care for your teammates and value integrity;
- You love to get things done and fully identify with our philosophy “it takes a team to win a game”.
- Experience real responsibility from day one and full ownership of your tasks;
- Be part of a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues, flat hierarchies, lean decision-making processes and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise;
- Make a 3-6 months internship with a monthly remuneration of 450 Euros your own;
- Last but not least, join an international squad from 18 countries, speaking more than 12 languages, that lives team play every day at its fullest and regularly meets at team events and football sessions.
Do you want to play an active part in driving social change through football on a global level? Then get into the game and join our team!
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Kick things off by submitting your application documents with your CV and a letter of motivation that highlights a few of your key achievements by May 30, 2022, via our online application form. Please submit all documents and information requested, as we cannot consider incomplete applications.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria and suitable, qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment and selection process.
Common Goal is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people! Women, those identified as female and/or non-binary, and people from minority backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.