Kvinna Till Kvinna
Are you our new Regional Manager for MENA?
Kvinna till Kvinna has been working with the women’s movement in Middle East and North Africa since 2001. Today the regional work extends over eight countries in the region. The organisation is in an exciting phase since we have a new global strategy for 2023 – 2028 and a new regional strategy for MENA.
We are looking for someone who wants to be part of a dynamic and committed team, ready to head forward in this exciting new strategy period – someone who is an experienced leader and manager, used to work in a complex and changing environment.
Application deadline: 23rd October 2022
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has defended women’s rights since 1993. For every woman’s right to be safe and to be heard. Today we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations, working directly in areas affected by war and conflict to strengthen women’s influence and power. We work closely together with over 150 local partner organisations across 20 countries to end violence against women, reach lasting peace and close the gender gap once and for all.
About the job
Kvinna till Kvinna MENA region is our largest region, and we are 30 staff members working in close partnership with over 50 women’s rights organizations throughout the region. The Regional Manager’s primary responsibility is to support, lead, and direct the country management (Heads of Offices) and regional staff, to ensure effective program delivery and impact in line with Kvinna till Kvinna’ s mission and strategy.
The Regional Manager has a very important role in building strong relations with donors and other external parties: representing, networking, and advocating. You support the teams to identify and build partnerships, and maintain excellent relationships with partner organisations, donors and other stakeholders. You are comfortable coordinating operations with all global functions at Kvinna till Kvinna, for example Fundraising, Communications, or Method and Development.
This position is an international assignment, based in Kvinna till Kvinna’ s regional office in Amman, Jordan, with travels to our other offices in the region: Beirut, Erbil, Jerusalem, and Tunis.
To be successful in this role, you are an experienced manager and a strong leader. We believe you are collaborative, team-oriented and have the ability to motivate others, foster dialogue and facilitate discussions. Your work is strategic, goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize and delegate, but you can dive into details when needed.
You have experience in managing change and you are someone who enjoys building in a changing organization, including programs and structures. You are responsible and flexible with strong communication-, conflict sensitivity- and cultural sensitivity skills. You enjoy liaising with like-minded organisations, donors, and women’ rights actors, and you feel confident in representing the organisations in external setting
Needless to say – you are engaged and interested in women’s rights and share our values.
You need to have
- Ten years work experience, of which at least three years managerial experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience of development cooperation work in a complex context, preferable from the MENA region.
- Experience working in partnership with civil society actors preferably within one or both of the thematic areas gender equality/ women’s rights or peacebuilding/conflict resolution.
- Solid experience of fundraising and working with several different bi- and multilateral donors, as well as private foundations.
- Solid experience in operational development requiring analytical and strategic skills, including program/project management, change management, and quality assurance.
- A minimum of a BA University degree in a relevant field.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English.
- Experienced driver and a valid license.
- Worked with advocacy at international fora, networking, and representation.
- Worked with or in conflict-affected countries with safety and security, as well as risk analysis.
- Leading staff and management of a similar size and focus.
- Knowledge of International Human Rights Law and/or International Law.
- Knowledge of Arabic, French, Kurdish and/or Swedish.
- Familiarity with Kvinna till Kvinna’ s mandate and working methods and experience working in partnership with local women´s rights/feminist organisations or civil society actors with one or more of our thematic areas.
Terms & conditions and what we offer
At Kvinna till Kvinna you will get a chance to be a part of an inspiring workplace with dedicated employees internationally. You will join a team of 130+ dedicated Kvinna till Kvinna colleagues who fight for women’s rights in more than 20 conflict-affected countries.
This is a two-year fulltime contract (international development cooperation assignment) with possibility of extension up to five years pending funding. Start date is as soon as possible.
This position is based in Amman Jordan. We offer a benefits package, which covers costs for housing, insurance coverage and other benefits.
Your working hours will be flexible and goal oriented. Your role will include travel, especially within the MENA region and occasional visits to the head office in Stockholm.
Diversity is very important for Kvinna till Kvinna. Please note, however, that due to the nature of Kvinna till Kvinna’ s work, we can only consider women applicants (legal and/or self-identified).
How to apply
The application deadline is 23rd October 2022.
To apply, please go to our jobsite: https://jobs.kvinnatillkvinna.se/jobs/2099053-regional-manager-mena
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Head of Programme and Method Department: [email protected]
For information about the recruitment process, please contact Head of HR [email protected]