Responsible for fundraising and relationship with foundations, major donors and corporates in Switzerland. Some accounts are also located in the US.
In collaboration with the entire Engagement team, support Medair’s mission by consolidating and cultivating current portfolio of foundations and Major donors and acquiring new ones, upgrading of key middle donors, developing an extensive network of ambassadors, creating and leveraging targeted corporate partnerships.
Deliver on demanding income targets and KPI’s.
You will be responsible for building and developing relationships with high value donors/prospects, using a structured and donor-centric approach to increase their support. You will develop our corporate offer to leverage existing partnerships and develop new ones. You will lead a team of experienced fundraisers.
Global Support Office (GSO) position based near Lausanne, Switzerland. Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full-time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
- Lead and engage the Major Donors team based in Lausanne, Geneva and Zürich (in collaboration with the Head of Swiss German market).
- Develop strategy and acquisition plan to generate new leads and identify innovative approaches.
- Lead development of specific journeys by creating targeted and qualitative touch points and develop a repeatable model to approach more individuals and drive growth.
- Build and sustain relationships with donors and prospects to build positive and sustainable engagement.
- Create, deliver and promote fundraising products i.e. project proposals, Medair’s Philanthropy case for support and legacy giving.
- In collaboration with the rest of the engagement team, drive the development of specific communication material such as project summaries, reports, letters and presentations.
- Leverage marketing and communication developed by the comm’s and marketing team to develop own audience.
Institutional philanthropy (foundations, municipalities, cantons)
- Lead and engage the Individual philanthropy team based in Lausanne and Zürich (in collaboration with the Head of Swiss German market).
- Develop and maintain high quality relationship with major accounts to build positive and sustainable engagement.
- Develop strategy for acquisition and development of accounts.
- In close collaboration with the international team, identify funding opportunities and lead the development of meaningful and impactful fund appeals.
Partnerships with Corporates
- Manage and strengthen relationship with existing partners.
- Develop our corporate offer to leverage existing partnerships.
- Longer term, develop new corporate partnerships.
Increase Targeted Awareness
- Plan and promote Medair philanthropy events in Switzerland to attract new people and/or consolidate existing major relationships.
- Present/pitch Medair at external events.
- Leverage networks: actively research new networking opportunities and attend external events, conferences, forums to acquire leads.
- Member of the Engagement Team Steering Committee.
- Actively contribute to the strategic planning of the Engagement Team.
- Planning of the philanthropic activities in collaboration with the Zürich office manager.
- Monitor philanthropy and market trends.
- Share knowledge with team members.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Educated to a master degree level. Marketing, Sales, Account Management, Business Management.
- Certification of professional fundraising desirable.
- Excellent written and spoken French, English and German.
- Demonstrable professional success in the area of marketing / sales / team management / fundraising.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in the private or public sector.
- Previous successful experience in philanthropy or sales.
- Advanced user of MS Office. Trello and Salesforce desirable.
- Networking skills. Analytic and strategic thinking.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in front of small and large audiences.
- Matrix Team leader. Sales and negotiation.
- Understanding of International and humanitarian context.
- Experience in Account management.
- Goal and performance oriented. Pioneer and self-driven.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, innovative and open for new approaches.
- Collaborative team player. People-oriented.
- Demonstrate very high level of credibility in front of key decision makers and HNWI.
How to apply
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values.
- Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
- Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair page.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
Closing date: 11/30/2022