VA seeks to continue expansion of its learning, marketing, and social and behavior change tools and materials and is engaging several Consultant editors to edit the translation of these materials from English to one or more of these languages: Spanish, French, Haitian Creole, and Bahasa Indonesia
Scope of Work
- Working with the appropriate VA staff member and translator to edit and review translated materials from English into: Spanish, French, Haitian Creole, and Bahasa Indonesian
- Ensure proper regional or country localization of the materials; and review additional comments by VA’s country advisors
- Native proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Spanish, French, Haitian Creole, and Bahasa Indonesian
- 2+ years’ experience in English to target language translation, editing, copyediting, proofreading, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and the nuances of languages as well as cultural and subject knowledge in the language pair.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Experience working with memoQ or other CAT tools
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- Certification or degree in Translation, Language Studies, Communications, Public Health or related field
- Experience working in translation of public health, and nutrition related materials
- Documents reviewed and edited submitted through MemoQ
Level of Effort Required
- Variable, as editorial needs arise
Vitamin Angels (VA) is a public health nonprofit working to improve nutrition and health outcomes in low- resource settings worldwide. We strengthen, extend, and amplify the impact of our partner organizations working to reach the most nutritionally vulnerable groups – pregnant women, infants, and children – who are underserved by existing systems. We do this by delivering evidence-based interventions and offering technical assistance, including ongoing monitoring and evaluation, to ensure program quality, scale, and impact. VA works with over 2,000 local organizations, including governments, to reach more than 70 million women and children in 65 countries annually.
Vitamin Angels’ Learning Solutions Unit provides technical assistance to VA country teams and program partners to ensure high quality implementation of VA-supported interventions through the provision of training and social and behavior change programs and materials according to global best practices.
How to apply
Please submit expressions of interest including CV, proposed rate, and contact information for two references to [email protected] by September 2nd.
Closing date: 9/2/2022