US Agency for International Development
Credence Management Solutions employs hard-working, passionate individuals who bring innovation, accountability, and a growth mindset to the many missions we support across the US Federal Government. Employee empowerment is part of the fabric of our corporate culture through which we emphasize opportunity, recognition, reward, and retention. At Credence, we follow the principles of servant leadership and believe that serving and supporting others is critical to both our individual and collective achievements. We have only one measure of success. Yours.
We are hiring for positions under the Global Health Training, Advisory, Support Contract (GHTASC) in support of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Global Health (GH). These roles deliver institutional support services in a wide range of technical areas at the junior, mid-, senior, and expert levels.
We are a diverse, enthusiastic family of subject matter experts, business professionals, and practitioners who all share a common goal of providing excellent services to our government customers. If you want to work in a dynamic and fast-growing environment with highly motivated colleagues, then Credence is the right place for you!
Credence Management Solutions is seeking a Senior Climate Learning Advisor. See below for more information on this exciting opportunity and apply to join Credence today!
The Senior Climate Learning Advisor will primarily support the Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) as a Credence Institutional Support Contractor (ISC). The Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) within USAID is responsible for facilitating and coordinating US Government (USG) humanitarian assistance overseas. BHA provides humanitarian assistance to save lives, alleviate human suffering, and reduce the social and economic impact of humanitarian emergencies worldwide. Within BHA, the Office of Technical and Program Quality (TPQ) provides technical assistance and support for a variety of humanitarian sectors.
The senior climate learning advisor will provide long-term technical assistance to strengthen BHA evidence, learning and practice around two Administration priorities: climate adaptation programming and humanitarian development peace coherence in the context of climate adaptation. This will involve leading BHA through a process of evidence mapping, lessons learned, peer exchange, and capacity strengthening; it will also require regular coordination with other climate adaptation stakeholders both within and beyond BHA to ensure alignment and synergy across sectors, cross-cutting issues and types of assistance.
- Master’s degree and 10 years or Bachelors degree and 12 years relevant experience in related field of studies or equivalent education and work experience
- Experience with USAID humanitarian, disaster risk reduction and resilience food security programming preferred
- Subject matter expertise in climate change adaptation programming and policy
- Subject matter expertise in humanitarian-development-peace coherence (the Nexus)
- Experience in developing content for learning events, supporting the roll-out of guidance and policy and/or coordination work across technical sectors or kinds of assistance.
- Familiarity with USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adapting approach.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret strategy; to analyze, develop and present work results; and to monitor and evaluate implementation of programs.
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities and environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-culturally with diverse teams
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance required.
- Innovation: Employee takes initiative to propose new ideas/approaches, and demonstrates ability to find new and better ways to accomplish work.
- Customer Service: Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
- Accountability: Takes ownership of work responsibilities and holds high standards. Keeps commitments and takes appropriate actions to ensure obligations are met. Pursues efficiency and effectiveness and adheres to Organization policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal Skills: Employee demonstrates ability to work in cooperation with others and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, clients and other outside contacts.
- Continual Learning: Assesses and recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues professional development that is aligned with organizational role, contribution, and goals. Proactively shares knowledge with others to foster learning across the Organization.
How to apply
Closing date: 31 Jan 2023