Senior Education Expert, World Bank/Gambia MEL Capacity Development and Technical Advisory Services to the Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI has a contract with the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) and the World Bank to provide research and technical assistance to the Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education (MoBSE) of Gambia. The team who will carry out this contract will gather, analyze, and share available research and data with MOBSE and GPE officials, and based on the analysis, will subsequently develop and design MEL strategies to support the Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP).
SI is seeking a consultant to serve as Senior Education Expert for this activity. The Expert will support the Team Leader in gathering, analyzing, and sharing knowledge and information with government and international officials, creating and testing research tools, conducting data collection activities, conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis, writing field notes and reports, and designing and implementing further technical assistance for MOBSE. The candidate must demonstrate a professional familiarity with the Gambian education system, the MOBSE and its leadership, and their history, policies, and current challenges.
**This position will be completely remote and authorized to work from anywhere. There are no citizenship requirements for this role.**
- Assist the Team Leader in producing a design report detailing the methods and work plan of the services to be rendered.
- Gather, analyze, and share knowledge and information with government and international officials.
- Create and test research tools.
- Conduct data collection activities including literature reviews, in-person and remote interviews, and focus group discussions.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Write field notes, reports, and other documents as assigned by the Team Leader.
- Design and implement further technical assistance to the MOBSE and GPE.
- Postgraduate qualification in Government, Public Policy, International Relations, Education, Qualitative or Quantitative Research, or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience conducting social science research in Gambia, with a preferred focus on education and equity.
- Intimate knowledge of the Gambian education system, and the MOBSE, its structure, leadership, and bureaucratic systems.
- Experience designing, leading, and conducting qualitative or quantitative analysis of education data.
- Experience working for or with the World Bank, GPE, or MOBSE.
- Written and oral fluency in English required. Spoke fluency in Mandinka or other Gambian language preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.