- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- There are 7.2 million people in need of humanitarian assistance in Somalia. The country also has one of the highest numbers of Internally Displaced Peoples (IDPs) in the world with more than 2.9 million who have been displaced by conflict, insecurity, forced evictions, droughts, and floods. Clan disputes, protests, the weakness of the national forces, the gradual withdrawal of the African Union mission in Somalia, islamic state & continuing Al Shabaab attacks cause insecurity & instability across Somalia. Somalia is currently experiencing a severe drought & it is anticipated that 1 million individuals could be newly displaced in 2022.
- Our clients Somalia mission is implementing frontline activities as well as taking the lead in the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) program, which encompasses mobility tracking, flow monitoring & surveys components that aim at supporting evidence based programming. As Co-Chair of the Information Management and Assessments Working Group (IMAWG) & key member of Internally Displaced Peoples Working Group (IDPWG), the DTM program is enabling humanitarian actors plan & respond to needs in Somalia & across the region.
- Provide state level leadership oversight in Jubaland by (selecting) & managing Senior Enumerators, Enumerators & providing regular updates on data collection efforts.
- Support the running of DTM fieldwork exercises in Jubaland.
- Coordinate daily field activities in close cooperation with the team leads, monitor & report on the day to day data collection & any other activities related to DTM which includes mobility tracking, flow monitoring and ETT to Program Manager.
- Frequent travel to monitor Jubaland district level DTM operations.
- Liaise with interagency & cluster partners & particularly the CCCM cluster on displacement related information.
- Liaise with state level authorities, UN agencies partner NGO’s & other migration / mobility related information actors as relevant.
- Assist in developing & update agreed data collection strategies & action plans ensuring that these are adequately reflected in overall data collection methodologies.
- Utilize lessons learned from past activities, experiences from other communities & beneficiary feedback to revise strategies & action plans accordingly.
- Represent the DTM project, as required, in various forums & inter agency gatherings convened to discuss coordinated responses for IDPs in Somalia in coordination with the Program Manager.
- Ensure all data are kept safe & confidential through applying our clients data protection principles.
- Conduct additional tasks that may be assigned by the DTM Program Manager.
- Under the direct supervision of DTM Program Manager & the overall supervision of the Snr. Programs Coordinator (Emergency & Post Crisis).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Development Studies, or a related field, from an accredited academic institution with 4 years of relevant professional experience or completion of High School Degree in the above fields with minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working in respective program / project preferably at field level, in emergency & conflict environments.
- Experience in using ODK or KOBO or any mobile application which is used to collect data.
- Good knowledge of data collection techniques, including surveys, key informant interviews, focus group discussions.
- Experience conducting training & supervising enumerators / data collection exercises.
- Experience liaising with govt. authorities & other stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of Jubaland state, its regions & districts is an advantage.
- Must be available to travel within Somalia on a regular basis.
- Experience working in an international organization & knowledge of the UN is essential.
- Mus have at least 5 yeas of work experience in Africa.
- Must be fluent in English & Somali.
- Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
- Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
- Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example & demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision, assists others to realize & develop their potential.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: