Integrity is an ethical consultancy and service provider working in challenging and complex environments around the globe.
We help our clients succeed in fragile and challenging environments while building trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change. We work across all phases of the programme and project cycle, delivering eleven complementary services: monitoring, evaluation and learning / data and knowledge management / research, evidence and analysis / advisory / project management / communications / risk management / technical assistance / capability and capacity development / stakeholder engagement / grant and fund management. Our services are underpinned by the principles on which we were founded, a commitment to providing reliable information and evidence, and expert and high-quality delivery.
Headquartered in London and Washington DC, Integrity also has offices in Jordan, Kenya, and Pakistan. Our multi-national team of over 60 deliver multi-year projects, programmes and consulting assignments to a wide range of government clients, international organisations, foundations and private sector clients.
Vision: Integrity sets the international standard for ethically delivered, expert services in complex and challenging contexts. Our work helps create stability, accountability and prosperity.
Mission: Based on evidence and learning, we help clients and communities to build trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change. We do not advocate: we listen, comprehend and recommend.
Commitment: Integrity upholds the highest ethical standards in our service delivery, our employment of staff and our interaction with people. Through adherence to our core values, we ensure not only that our clients receive the best possible service but that we benefit the individuals and communities amongst whom we work.
Further information about Integrity can be found at www.integrityglobal.com.
How the Senior Manager, Services fits into the Integrity Team
The Senior Manager, Services will play a varied technical and management role at Integrity, contributing to the design and delivery of Integrity’s services, as well as supporting directorate and team management responsibilities. Drawing on MEL, Project Management and other relevant service and thematic expertise, they will help win and deliver high quality, commercially viable projects.
The Senior Manager role will sit within the Services Team, which leads the design and delivery of our work. Responsibilities include: business and proposal development; project direction and management; technical delivery; and wider institutional learning. As a senior member on the Services Team, you will play roles on new bids and on existing projects, including IDIQ Manager, Project Director, Team Lead, and Subject Matter Expert, as applicable. The Senior Manager will work flexibly across Integrity’s different services and teams and be attracted to a fast-paced working environment. The focus of the Senior Manager’s work will depend on current priorities and may include periods that focus more on either project delivery or business development. Initially, we expect the focus to be on design and business development, as reflected by the percentages split outlined below.
The Senior Manager role will be based in Washington DC and will report to the Vice President, Delivery. They will also work closely with the Business, Corporate and Operations teams.
Scope of Work
The Senior Manager, Services will support USG business development work and Project Delivery.
The Senior Manager will support technical bid development, particularly for USAID and other US Government donors. This includes developing appropriate and innovative approaches and methodologies to meet the needs of our clients and writing technical proposals. These proposals will relate to key service offerings, including: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning; Research, Evidence & Analysis; and Data and Knowledge Management. Key thematic areas include: democracy, human rights and governance; health; education; economic development; fragility and conflict; climate, natural resources and environment; and gender and inclusion.
The Senior Manager will also play a key role in the delivery of contracted projects. This includes leadership roles, technical delivery, and project management and oversight. You will provide quality control (technical and cost) on projects and programs. In addition, you will also support the consolidation of good practice within the company, the management and training of project management mid-level and junior staff members and the continued articulation and development of Integrity’s Project Management SOP.
Terms of Reference
Business Development (60%)
The Senior Manager leads or supports technical proposals, assuring the quality of Integrity’s overall approach and representing Integrity externally.
- Lead on, and/or contribute to, the technical design of new Integrity opportunities, from identification and pre-positioning through to submission, negotiation and inception.
- Contribute to successful and viable bids through: developing technical approaches, selecting and refining methods; building resource and work plans; and contributing to budget development.
- Contribute and sometimes lead the articulation, development and roll-out of approaches and methodologies, in line with Company Strategy.
- Provide internal and external thought leadership on Integrity’s technical offering.
- Develop and sustain strong working relationships with key government clients and other relevant accounts.
- Provide constructive quality assurance of technical offers on selected new programs and/or bids.
- Support the growth and/or improvement of our service, thematic and geographic capabilities. In particular, work closely with the VP, Delivery to improve the US MEL offer.
- Engage with and influence emerging opportunities and delivery concepts and ensure Integrity’s MEL offering is responsive to market requirements.
- Lead and/or contribute to internal and external communications on agreed services, thematics and/or geographies.
Project Delivery (35%)
The Senior Manager plays a key role in delivering Integrity’s projects, including project direction, management, and technical support and inputs, as applicable.
- Ensure Integrity delivers its portfolio of projects and relationships on time and to high quality standards through project management and governance roles.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, to high levels of quality and in keeping with Integrity’s ethics and ethos.
- Develop and sustain our reputation for high quality, innovative and client- and community-focused work.
- Negotiate successful proposals to contract ensuring effective coordination with relevant parties across Integrity’s four key teams.
- Lead on project responses to strategic risks and opportunities.
- Balance project and company resource requirements.
- Effectively, empathetically and diligently manage relationships with clients, consortium partners and stakeholders more broadly.
- Perform technical advisory and other roles on contracted projects.
Staff Management (5%)
- Line manage select Integrity staff and/or corporate consultants.
- Work with colleagues under line management to develop their careers, contributing to professional advancement, job satisfaction and personnel retention.
Your Experience and Expertise
You will have:
- 5-10 years’ experience working within international development or consultancy sector, with significant exposure to MEL and research activities.
- Proficiency in USAID regulations, FAR and ADS and procurement procedures and contract compliance.
- Experience managing teams of staff and consultants on successful project delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in capture and/or technical proposal writing skills for USAID and/ or Department of State procurement opportunities.
- The ability to produce high quality technical work expeditiously and independently.
- Strong people skills evidenced by client and team management experience, including through Project Manager roles.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
It is desirable that you will also have:
- Experience managing IDIQ/ framework mechanisms (or similar), including technical aspects of contract performance as well as procurement, staffing and personnel management, and reporting requirements.
- Thematic experience in conflict, security and justice, governance, economic development, climate, natural resources and environment, health and/or education.
- An understanding of key geographies including Middle East & North Africa, East Africa and South Asia.
- Written and oral fluency in English, with the ability to write clear and compelling narrative.
- French or Arabic language skills to a working proficiency.
You should also demonstrate the following core competencies:
Level 1: Team competencies
- Planning and Organising
- Development and Continual Learning
- Results Focus and Initiative
- Customer Orientation
- Managing Change
Level 2-4: Management competencies
- Analytical and Flexible Thinking
- Achievement Focus
- Managing Resources
- Teamwork and Team Leadership
- Customer Orientation
- Organisational Knowledge
- Organisational Alignment
- Strategic Thinking
- Developing Talent
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at **http://www.integrityglobal.com/apply-sm/** and attach a CV and Cover Letter at the bottom of your application.
The closing date for applications is 20th June 2022.However, we will review candidates on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline. We encourage early applications. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Candidates must have the right to work in the US.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer. And positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by US data protection laws.