Arab Renaissance for Democracy and Development
The Arab Renaissance for Democracy and Development (ARDD) is seeking to recruit an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Senior Officer who will be supporting the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities and frameworks for ARDD’s projects and programs. The M&E Senior Officer is responsible to design and implement M&E activities, ensure proper regular monitoring, developing and maintaining the MIS of the projects and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities. She/He will assist in evaluating projects, generate and support the development of reports, ensure accountability and efficiency throughout, and contribute to the learning cycle. The M&E Senior Officer might be assigned to support more than one project on the following:
- To ensure that the necessary frameworks, mechanisms and tools are in place that allow ARDD to monitor and assess its progress towards the objectives set out in its Strategy.
- To ensure quality M&E for ARDD’s individual projects and programmes in line with donor standards and requirements.
- To support programmes and projects in needs assessments, project design, baseline studies and project evaluations that fit to the strategic priorities. The M&E Senior Officer will also work closely with other departments to ensure a good basis for monitoring of performance and results, and supports the process of project and programme evaluations.
- To ensure that necessary ARDD policies, guideline and SoPs are implemented and monitored effectively
- Develop qualitative and quantitative tools for monitoring and evaluation, including tools for data collection
- Identify data collection sources and oversee the process collection methods and resources needed and related cost
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support the department in the development of M&E systems, tools and procedures and in the implementation of quality M&E for projects and programmes.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of M&E frameworks at strategic and operational (project) levels.
- Support project design, from situation analysis to design, planning and evaluation.
- Support the process of needs assessments, baseline studies, mid-term reviews, final evaluations and other assessments related to programs and projects and ensure dissemination of results with all relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare the M&E plan and frameworks for the monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support the design of project databases and M&E frameworks documents such as logical frameworks and matrixes.
- Support the monthly reporting of ARDD’s implementation progress and total reach.
- Support the development and progress of automating M&E tools using KOBO, ODK…etc.
- Support the analyses of M&E reports and project narrative reports.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data and monitor the progress of the project activities and quality of implementation against project work plans using appropriate monitoring measures.
- Participate in processing, analyzing and reviewing learning’s, findings and outcomes of projects.
- Identify, articulate and support strategic use of data for programme management and improvement.
- Assess, plan and implement activities to build M&E capacity at different levels, including both ARDD staff and partners, in particular on the use of participatory monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Take part in creating a supportive network of M&E staff to jointly learn from, develop and innovate M&E practice and methodologies.
- Conduct site visits to offices, premises and project implementation sites including ARDD partners site, when necessary, in order to observe and verify ongoing project activities
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences or related field.
- At least five years of relevant work experience in a Monitoring and Evaluation position, responsible for implementing M&E activities of national and international development projects
- Experience in planning and facilitating training/workshops.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic language skills required.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to process large and complex data.
- Demonstrated writing skills (report writing)
- Experience with rights based participatory M&E approaches.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and team work abilities.
- This position requires high computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications and experience working with mobile data collection programmes such as KOBO, ODK, Power BI, and Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines and targets.
- Knowledge and understanding of the local context and of interaction with local development actors and communities.
How to apply
Interested and Qualified Candidates should apply to: [email protected]. Please mention the name of Senior M&E Officer in the subject of the email.
Applications close on 26 March 2023.
Please note: Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on a rolling basis and ARDD reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.
Deadline: 26 Mar 2023