International Republican Institute
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence– We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom– We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy, and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion, and the power of global collaboration. Transparency– We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
Established by IRI in 2006, WDN empowers women around the world to participate in political processes and equips them with the skills needed to assume greater leadership roles in government, political parties and civil society. WDN connects aspiring and accomplished women leaders across the globe, creates forums for sharing ideas and experiences, and provides technical training and resource materials. WDN is also responsible for assisting IRI’s regional teams to use a gendered lens while implementing work with political parties, civil society strengthening and local governance programming.
The Senior Procurement Associate supports program teams with contract and subaward administration, as well as procurement-related issues.
- Undergraduate degree – finance, business administration or paralegal degree a plus;
- At least one year of grants or contracts administration experience;
- Interest in program administration, including procurement/contracts and grants compliance and procedures, and finance;
- Knowledge of applicable federal government circulars 2 CFR 200 a plus;
- Attention to detail and able to prioritize while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly adapt to and manage changing priorities, as well as balance multiple ongoing projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with other team members;
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word;
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Program Manager and in coordination with other program staff, provides support to program teams with contract and subaward administration duties, including:
- identifying, planning, and coordinating procurement actions,
- drafting statements of work,
- conducting market research, performing price analysis, identifying the marketplace for good and/or services,
- determining type of contract and level of competition needed,
- determining suitable proposal evaluation criteria and reviewing milestone or deliverable payment schedule,
- and executing any requests from the Procurement team until a contract or subaward is issued.
- Assembles procurement packages noting some of the duties above.
- Creates and maintains grant files of contracts or subawards;
- Monitors the fulfillment of the contract and/or subaward throughout its lifecycle, including communicating with relevant vendors, tracking milestone deliverables, reviewing deliverable compliance, and supporting invoice processing.
- Monitors contractors or subawardee’s compliance with grant policies and procedures;
- Tracks all procurement using IRI’s systems and/or develops tailored tracking tools, while maintaining an updated overview of the status of each procurement. Provides support to prioritize workflow of procurement items.
- Act as the primary procurement liaison and main point of contact for relevant programs in IRI’s Women’s Democracy Network Division and Procurement team.
- Supports mid-to-long term procurement planning tasks for assigned programs in IRI’s Women’s Democracy Network Division.
- Other procurement-related tasks, as assigned.
How to apply
Relief Web Instructions
Thank you for your interest in this position. Please submit a resume and cover letter for the position through our IRI recruitment site provided below. We appreciate your time.
Closing date: 10/13/2022