International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Remote Monitoring of the Humanitarian Supply Chain
Department: Conflict, Crisis and Governance (CCG)
Reports To: IBTCI/ CCG Principal
Type: Full-Time Employee
Period of Performance: One year
Overview: IBTCI is seeking an experienced Senior Specialist for the USAID Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). The Senior Project Manager will provide overall coordination, quality control and liaison with clients and subcontractors. S/he will be responsible for the submission of timely and high-quality project deliverables. IBTCI will implement for USAID/BHA a one-year pilot to test methods for the Remote Sensing of BHA Commodities. This activity will use data provided by sensors inside shipping containers about temperature, humidity, shock, duration of exposure to risks, type of container, chain of custody and location in order to inform BHA about risk profiles and statistical risk factors to mitigate spoilage. The Senior Specialist will analyze this data and report it to BHA to create a base line for subsequent reporting.
This position is contingent on award.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- S/he will oversee a) Design; b) Sampling; c) Procurement/deployment of sensor kits; d) Training of personnel; e) Aggregation of sensor readings into a data-lake, and online information management system with near real-time visibility of commodities and risk factors.
- S/he will report to USAID/BHA about the technology solutions (comparing sensors, comparing platforms, their scalability.
- S/he will make recommendations to USAID/BHA about technology solutions (comparing sensors, comparing platforms, their scalability, and cost reasonableness, and how to mitigate future risks.
- The Senior Project Manager will need to produce practical risk profiles for USAID/ BHA to identify the shipping conditions that result in food spoilage
- Report project status to USAID/BHA on a regular basis (Calls and Monthly Reporting)
- Be the main point of contact for USAID/BHA, all subcontractors and implementing partners
- Oversee inputs from subcontractors and implement within the project
- Provide overall operations oversight
- At least five (5) years of supply chain management and reporting experience, three (3) years experience with risk management and or commodities,
- At least five (5) years of experience managing teams, and at least two (2) years of experience with development agencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, and team management skills.
- Knowledge of food aid and the spoilage that occurs with
- Oral and written fluency in English required
Education: Master’s degree in technology, engineering, International Affairs, Social Science, or a related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in technologies relating to IoT (Internet of things), sensors, and remote censoring data
- Understanding of food aid pipelines & commodities and the ways that food assistance is selected, packaged, transported, stacked and tracked by different agencies along the supply line.
- Previous team lead and management experience pand the ability to prepare concise written materials, and adhere to USAID deliverables and deadlines.
- Skills in SPSS, STATA or other software that allows for pattern analysis and tests such as regression analysis.
- Previous experience with USAID/BHA, or other humanitarian aid donors
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
COVID Vaccine status: As a condition of employment, IBTCI requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates should be prepared to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire or request for an accommodation with HR that is consistent with our COVID-19 safety protocols and policies.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).
How to apply
Closing date: 9/19/2022