Partners in Health
Position Title: Senior Writer of Development Communications
Reports to: Senior Director of Content
Location: Boston or Remote U.S.
Position Type: Full Time
The Senior Writer of Development Communications is tasked with conceptualizing and producing written content and materials based on joint strategic priorities of the Development and Marketing & Communications teams, primarily within the realms of donor engagement, cultivation, and stewardship communications.
As a member of the Marketing & Communications team and reporting to the Senior Director of Content, the Senior Writer of Development Communications works closely with Development, Public Policy & Partnerships, Advocacy, Clinical and Clinical Operations, Finance, and Impact and Planning staff to ensure that all materials reflect accurate and timely information about Partners In Health (PIH) and its undertakings, and that the organization’s activities—often highly technical in nature—are portrayed in clear, concise, jargon-free, and brand-centric communications that match audience sophistication.
Content production (60%)
- Gathers content, edits, and writes original copy for acknowledgments, newsletters, appeals, Annual Report, graphic design copy, video and audio scripting, online donor content, and other marketing collateral that shares PIH’s global accomplishments and impact
- Reviews and edits donor materials produced by outside vendors to ensure consistent tone and messaging, especially with direct mail communications
- Maintains donor communication resources so that they are up-to-date and accessible to staff across the organization
- Collaborates with Marketing & Communications colleagues to craft talking points and messaging
Project Management & Strategy (40%)
Manages the Marketing & Communications side of projects involving multiple stakeholders across PIH to ensure content meets specifications and maintains branding and tone specific to development materials for identified audiences
Collaborates with PIH colleagues integral to the development of donor materials, such as Development and Impact teams, to ensure our content plans remain strategically aligned
Proposes creative communications solutions, based on current trends in the field, to encourage further engagement and continued support of donors’ needs
Coordinates among Marketing & Communications colleagues to ensure content and creative colleagues are aligned and meeting deadlines for donor-specific materials
- Master’s degree preferred and/or or at least five years of writing experience required; five to eight years of project management experience preferred
- Excellent command of the English language, with strong writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated experience writing successful fundraising and/or marketing and communications materials
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple deadlines, many stakeholders, and time-intensive writing processes
- Experience partnering with multimedia and marketing professionals
- Strong computer skills, including fluency in Microsoft Office and literacy in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and relationship management; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Interest in social justice and global health strongly desirable
- Able to travel domestically and/or internationally, specifically to remote or hard-to-access locations with limited infrastructure
- Fluency in languages other than English a bonus
Partners In Health (PIH) is a non-profit, global health organization that fights social injustice by bringing the benefits of modern medical science first and foremost to the most vulnerable communities around the world. PIH focuses on those who would not otherwise have access to quality health care. PIH partners with the world’s leading academic institutions to create rigorous evidence that shapes more sound and all-inclusive global health policies. PIH also supports local governments’ efforts to build capacity and strengthen national health systems.
As of today, PIH runs programs in 11 countries (Haiti, Kazakhstan, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mexico, Navajo Nation, Peru, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, United States), where it provides direct care to millions of patients, through public facilities and community engagement.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.
Partners In Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
How to apply
To view the full job description and apply, click here.
Deadline: 30 Apr 2023