Position: Social Integration and Protection Programme Manager for Turkey
Duty station: Gaziantep & Ankara
Start date: based on agreement
Duration: 12 months with possible extension
Line Manager: Area Director
Technical links: Head of Programmes, Deputy Area Director, MEAL Manager, K&L, IDD team
People in Need delivers assistance in Northwest Syria addressing the needs of IDPs and hosting communities in several sectors such as food security, livelihoods, shelter, protection, education and WASH. PIN is well-established organization with several field offices, direct implementation and more than 2000 employees. In Turkey PIN started operating on annual activity in 2014. Main office sits in Gaziantep and aside the support it provides to PIN NWS humanitarian activities, it remains it touch with local Turkish institutions and LNGOs assessing needs, looking into the topic of social work with vulnerable minorities present in the area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and analyse contextual developments and needs in Turkey, and contribute to development of Turkey country programme strategy.
- Conduct actors and donors mapping and identify partners for cooperation and strategic partnerships.
- Contribute to diversification of funding from institutional donors by identifying funding opportunities relevant to PIN’s strategy in the region, and by establishing relationships with new donors and partners at the country level in coordination with other country programme staff (as above).
- Conduct thorough due diligence of identified partners in coordination with other relevant Syria country programme staff if needed.
- Ensure coherent and relevant concept notes/project proposals by PIN or partner (IDD) are submitted, activities adjusted/agreed on and principled programming is launched in line with PIN’s policies, Turkey country programme strategy and sectorial SOPs;
- Ensure, in coordination with key programme staff (AD, DAD, HoP, DO, Grants team), that funding for activities in Turkey areas is secured (proposals drafted/amended to reflect new activities/targets based on thorough needs assessments, sufficient partner info, etc.);
- Propose new interventions and ensure projects/programmes are designed and managed in line with PIN’s policies and strategy, quality standards and sectorial guidelines, cluster recommendations, etc.;
- Promote synergies and ensure overall coherence and relevance of multi-sectoral response in coordination with other programme staff across PIN’s Syria Response hubs (aligned programming approaches, SOPs and tools used across the mission);
- Collaborate with the MEAL Coordinator to ensure development of strong needs and impact analysis processes, including needs assessments, risks analysis, relevant SMART outcomes indicators and adequate sources of verification, and impact evaluation reports;
- Ensure that all projects/programmes retain programmatic learning for future programming and that all key lessons learnt are documented;
- Build the capacity of partners’ teams through in-house and external trainings (depending on budget availability) based on jointly identified capacity building needs of partners;
- In coordination with AD and HoP represent PIN’s Turkey country programme at the country level in various coordination fora and partner meetings.
For this job we find important:
- Fluent in English (proficient level), knowledge of Turkish language is an advantage
- Previous work experience in Turkey or knowledge of the region
- Understanding and commitment to the values of People in Need
Previous experience in Social Integration or with an international NGO welcomed
Enthusiasm to learn new things
Ability to organize, prioritize the work and be proactive
People in Need offers:
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization;
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Accommodation provided by PIN or Housing Allowance
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence (or other selected country) once every 6 months of completed work;
- Travel Health Insurance;
- PIN covers pre-departure expenses – reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations;
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online;
- Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT)
- E-learning platform, frequent webinars and other opportunities for your capacity building;
- In addition, team of dedicated colleagues who foster friendly and fair work atmosphere;
- Salary will be communicated to selected candidates.
- Excellent communication skills
How to apply
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via our application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).