Yoga and Sports with Refugees
Habibi and Sport With Refugees is looking for a new project coordinator. Habibi and Sport With Refugees is a sport project in Ioannina developed by Habibi.Works, Yoga and Sport With Refugees and KOIZ. The project officially started in September 2021. The current coordinator, Lena, works with a very tight community of coaches and students and the project facilitates many different sports: fitness, yoga, running, boxing, dancing, volleyball, football, basketball and climbing. The project has a dedicated focus on safe spaces for women in sport, and so all classes offered include mixed and women only classes. The coaches are all from the refugee community and they develop their skills and grow as they teach.
To support Lena better, we are looking for a new coordinator to work with her, the coaches, and the rest of the community.
The coordinators in the project have full on the ground responsibility. Together you decide on the schedule, the activities, the volunteers, etc. And you are working in a bigger team, as part of Yoga and Sport with Refugees, and working in close collaboration and on the premises of Habibi.Works. What we are offering is a position for 0,75 FTE.
What we offer:
- the opportunity to operate in a sustainable project and to create sustainable social change!
- to be part of an amazing community
- a position where you support each other through sports
- be part of Habibi.Works and YSR teams
- develop your leadership and people’s management skills
- work in a culturally diverse environment
- a learning environment where we aim at empowering people. This comes with personalized training opportunities and training with all the coordinators.
- Breakfast, lunch and accommodation
- 400 euros
- The support of volunteers or coaches
- The weekly schedule for the activities
- Focus point for the volunteers or coaches
- Organize and plan training
- Implement our M&E methods
- Communication and social media
- Community engagement
- Activate and facilitate the inclusion of women at all levels – student, coaches, volunteer
- Reporting and weekly meetings with the YSR team
- On the ground coordination
The exact responsibilities will be defined in more details with the team, depending on the qualities of the new coordinator
Who we are looking for:
- Someone with
- good listening skills and ability to connect with people
- good motivational skills
- flexibility and adaptation to unexpected situation skills
- passion for sports,
- Organisational skills
- Desired experience
- Capacity building and skills training
- People’s management
- Background in the humanitarian field and/or sports
- An active person who can jump in and teach sports when necessary
- Languages: English necessary (enough to communicate), Farsi, Arabic, Somali or French desirable
- 3 months minimum commitment – Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply
YSR strongly encourages qualified people with a refugee background to apply. We seek to ensure that everyone is given equal opportunities.
Interested? Send an email to [email protected] with your CV and motivation before March 24!
Deadline: 24 Mar 2023