International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Sr. Human Resources Associate
Department/Location: Vienna, VA
Reports To: Senior HR & Benefits Manager
Type: Regular Full-Time
Clearance Required: N/A
IBTCI is currently seeking a Senior Human Resources Associate. We are looking for someone who is assertive, works with a sense of urgency, and possesses a strong work ethic. Flexibility is key as this position may help support any of the human resources functions. This position is located in Vienna, VA and starts immediately. Please note this position is currently hybrid work due to COVID-19.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Human Resources Duties
- Provide customer service to all IBTCI Employees.
- Enter data into the Human Resources System (HRIS) administration, ensuring data integrity at all times.
- Assist in Benefits, Insurance, and Administration function.
- Audits monthly benefit invoices and ensures credits are received.
- Conducts HR & Benefits research.
- Assists with compliance; contributes to ACA reporting, EEO and other compliance reports.
- Assist with employment law posters for all home and field offices.
- Manage electronic and hard copy records.
- New Hire scheduling/orientation for U.S. Staff.
- Administers I-9 processing and E-Verify.
- Coordinates company Staff meetings.
- Manages SPOT & RAK Awards on every other month basis (POC for Employee Recognition Committee (ERC)).
- Assists with Open Enrollment for both domestic and international benefits.
- Serves as secondary backup for notary public.
- Completes all 1420s for domestic staff.
- Processes all VOES and off boarding letters for Home Office, Expats and TCNs. (Not Locals)
- Monitors and manages employer account Glassdoor. Recommends responses.
- Updates the org chart
- Assists with employee engagement activities and events; create marketing materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Office/Facilities Coordinator Duties
- Serve as the main point of contact for property management and facilities coordination.
- Order supplies, ensuring appropriate supplies inventory levels at all times.
- Track, monitor and follow-up on projects and action items, ensuring completion of tasks in a timely manner.
- Maintain first aid supplies inventory.
- Manage Corporate Credit Card invoice reconciliation.
- Provide administrative support including answering incoming phone calls, greeting visitors and distributing mail.
- Answers the phone, manages voicemail messages and distributes mail.
- Updates and maintains staff telephone list.
- Coordinates staff meetings including lunch coordination, meeting facilitation, prepares briefing materials, etc.
- At least two year of professional work experience.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Oral and written fluency in English required. Fluency in another language, particularly French or Arabic desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, Business Administration or related field required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Records management experience is a plus.
- Analytical and strong online research skills.
- Strict attention to detail.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
COVID Vaccine status: As a condition of employment, IBTCI requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates should be prepared to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire or request for an accommodation with HR that is consistent with our COVID-19 safety protocols and policies.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).
How to apply
Deadline: 13 Apr 2023