Management Systems International
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Iraq, Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
For the Iraq Governance and Public Services opportunity, USAID seeks to support select GOI entities to improve service delivery performance through use of technology and process standardization while increasing the availability of and access to information, particularly related to public services. USAID also seeks to foster improved and inclusive relationships and engagement between those same GOI entities and the communities they serve. The goal is more equitable, efficient, and sustainable public services as well as improved government responsiveness to citizens’ needs and demands, contributing to more accountable, transparent, and inclusive governance. The project is expected to begin June 2023.
MSI is seeking applications from highly qualified Stakeholder Engagement Specialist candidates. The ideal candidate will oversee and manage community outreach and stakeholders’ relationships for the project and will develop strategies for ensuring that best practices in stakeholder engagement are identified and institutionalized. Note: This position is contingent upon award.
**Please note: Iraqi citizens are highly encouraged to apply for this position**
- Leads collaboration with public officials, civil society organizations, citizens groups and business leaders to enhance public participation and citizens’ engagement with public officials
- Facilitates consultative processes and supports government officials to institute/strengthen processes to solicit input from citizens and respond to their priorities.
- Responsible for overseeing development and delivery of training, coaching, and learning activities that build capacity in among government and non-government actors in public outreach and communication and increase citizens’ active and constructive engagement in local policy- and decision-making.
- Assists to tailor and harness digital tools and other available technologies for effective government-citizen communication and exchange
- Integrates measures and designs activities to ensure diversity and inclusion of all sub-groups in all aspects of the project
- Manages and oversees the nature, extent and quality of relationships with stakeholder groups and local communities in a variety of sectors that can include water, renewable energies, electricity and wastewater.
- Identifies and explains enabling factors and barriers that are affecting the stakeholder engagement process and makes recommendations for strengthening the enabling factors and removing the barriers.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates strategies for developing new relationships and enhancing existing relationships with stakeholder in above sectors.
- Collaborates closely with the communications manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, international development, or related fields. (Master’s degree is desired).
- Minimum of seven (7) years professional experience in the field of stakeholder’s engagement, community outreach, service delivery, capacity building, negotiation, and community socio-development.
- Experience with project development, implementation, or demonstrations at local, national levels involving stakeholders’ engagement and mobilization.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to reach out to and engage stakeholders in among community leaders, civil society, private sector, national, subnational and local public officials.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications and skills in developing and delivering messages to a variety of audiences, excellent facilitation and engagement skills
- Experience working with USAID funded projects in Iraq is highly preferred.
- Written and verbal English fluency desirable, written and verbal Arabic fluency required.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
How to apply
Closing date: 30 Jan 2023