IYD – Humanitarian Relief Association
Deadline for applications: 11/04/2022
Position: Supply Chain Intern.
Working Area: Office.
About: IYD – Humanitarian Relief Association:
IYD is a Turkish, non-governmental, non-profit and has no political association working in various fields of humanitarian relief, development, and education.
IYD was established early 2013 in Turkey.
IYD was registered in 2014 with a license No. (34-203/022) and it has been working according to Turkish Organizations Law No. /5253/ under the name: ULUSLARARASI INSANI YARDIMLAŞMA DERNEĞI
IYD’s office are spread throughout Turkey and Syria as following:
- Turkey: Istanbul – Gaziantep.
- Syria: Aleppo – Idleb.
In science and work, pioneers in developing ways of life to draw smiles and instill hope.
To provide the best services to develop the affected societies, meeting the basic needs according to the international standards and within a unique ethical methodology.
- Respecting others
IYD strategic goals:
- Working on ensuring a decent life for all the affected people.
- Rehabilitation and construction of the damaged infrastructure.
- Securing the daily basic needs.
- Raising and revitalizing the capacities of the Syrian Civil Society.
Job Title: Supply Chain Intern.
Project / Department Title: Operations.
Direct supervisor / Reports to: Supply Chain Manager.
Generally, Supply Chain Intern is expected to provide support for Supply Chain Team, complete data entry and analysis, Procurement support, Archive, and inventory control.
Supply Chain And Data Entry Tasks:
- Support Supply Chain Team in regard to data entry, archive and other related tasks.
- Insert required data by inputting text-based and numerical information from source documents within time limits.
- Compile, verify the accuracy, and sort information according to priorities to prepare source data for computer entry.
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible, and check the output.
- Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents.
- Apply data program techniques and procedures.
- Generate reports, store completed work in designated locations, and perform backup operations.
- Scan documents and print files, when needed.
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Keep information confidential
- Organize archival records and develop classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials.
- Provide reference services and assistance for users needing archival materials.
- Prepare archival records, such as document descriptions, to allow easy access to information.
- Establish and administer policy guidelines concerning public access and use of materials.
- Research and record the origins and historical significance of archival materials.
- Preserve records, documents, and objects, copying records to disk or computer formats as necessary.
- Locate new materials and direct their acquisition and display.
- Authenticate and appraise historical documents and archival materials.
- Compile terminology and information to be used in translations, including technical terms such as those for legal or medical material.
- Read written materials, such as legal documents, scientific works, or news reports, and rewrite material into specified languages.
Note: the above-mentioned key responsibilities/accountabilities are illustrative ones. Other future responsibilities/accountabilities may be assigned to the job depending on the department organizational chart.
Qualification (Education – Work Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Computer engineering, or related fields.
- One year of experience with data entry, Supply Chain Essentials: Procurement, stock Management, Assets, and Logistics.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office applications mainly (Excel, Access, Word).
- Intermediate level in English.
- Advanced level in Arabic.
- More than two years of progressive professional experience in Supply chain and data entry.
- Advanced level of both English, Arabic, and a good level of Turkish.
Core, Managerial and Technical Competencies:
- Planning and Organizing
- Stakeholder Orientation
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Technological Awareness
- Human resources information management systems.
- Data security management.
- Documentation and archiving.
How to apply
Interested candidates should use the following link for registration
We are strongly encouraging females to apply for this position.
Compliance to Anti-Harassment, PSEA, and Child Safeguarding:
- Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to IYD, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. IYD is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
- IYD employees and related personnel must not under any circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside IYD.
- Multi-sent CVs will be ignored (please send your CV only one time at a time).
- No resume will be reviewed after the specified date for receiving CV’s to the announced vacancy.
- IYD is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- IYD does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- IYD is not able to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
- IYD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Shortlisting and interviews could be done before the application closing date.