Save the Children
JOB TITLE : SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER HAITI
LOCATION: Port-au-Prince with regular trips to the field
CONTRACT LENGTH: Open-Ended
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
The incumbent provides overall leadership and management of supply chain department of Save the Children in Haiti. It is expected that the Supply Chain Manager will provide support across all field offices and will therefore need to travel at least 20% of his/her time.
The position is meant to provide overall leadership and management to the supply chain department for the country programmes. The purpose of this position is to develop and review supply chain strategy and manage its delivery. The incumbent assume responsibility for internal and external coordination and collaboration, ensuring value for money approach across the supply chain functions, providing technical guidance to various functions (e.g. procurement, fleet, assets and warehouse, capacity building etc.). A key part of this role is to provide necessary information and advices to the Senior Management Team as and when deemed necessary. The incumbent plays crucial role as the custodian of country Supply Chain policies and procedure and identify necessary changes or customization annually. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hour accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- University degree preferred on Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or related. With professional experience in logistics
- 2 years’ minimum experience working on projects at humanitarian aid organizations and/or international donors or private sector. Previous experience of working in Haiti.
- Knowledge on Procurement management, fleet management, Supply Chain management, Inventory control, intermediate IT knowledge, SAP or ERP systems. Relevant experience on emergency responses (if applicable)
- French and English essential, Fluent in English, Spanish is a plus
- High ethical principles, work under pressure, flexibility with unexpected events, organized and methodical.
- Knowledge of windows domain, intermediate Excel level desirable, Intermediate Microsoft word and PowerPoint desirable.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSABILITIES
The Senior Supply Chain Manager is responsible for but not limited within the below listed responsibility areas –
Technical/Functional Oversight (approx. 30%)
- Ensure that the supply chain and logistics provide value added: Work closely with the program team to ensure that logistics and supply chain processes facilitate program implementation and achievement of results.
- Ensuring best value for money across the acquisition process, i.e. consolidated procurement plans, competitive acquisition, framework agreement, and others.
- Ensure framework agreements are in place and active well in advance of a given need.
- Support procurement planning at the proposal development stage as well as follow up during the life of the award
- Provide review and opinions on an advisory role to the procurement committee.
- Lead the market assessment once in a year and ensure adequate market information inventory.
- Effective role play in dispute mitigation with internal and external parties.
- Prepare fleet replenishment plan along with cost and sourcing propositions.
- Ensure optimal level of utilisation of SC and rented vehicles.
- Ensure proper commodity mobilisation in coordination with the programmes and budget holders.
- Ensure proper management including safety and security of SC warehouses and stock hold positioned at various places across the country.
- Participate or designate to assist the partners for their bulk procurement or construction work in an advisory role.
- Develop and maintain CO Haiti Supply Chain Strategy based on existing, prevailing and anticipated contexts and factors.
- Carry out department’s progress and performance vis-à-vis set strategic objectives at least twice in a year
- Identify areas of improvement and ensure proper attention and investment is made in those improvement areas.
Coordination and Collaboration (20%)
- Work effectively with stakeholders at various internal and external level. (see point 1 under “technical/functional oversight)
- Attend Award review meetings with colleagues and involved partners.
- Provide information, suggestions, recommendations and advices to Senior Management Team and other teams as and when deemed necessary.
- Closely work with Finance for BvA review, charging, recharging, closing, and various other issues when necessary. Ensure that procurement is reflected in monthly financial report and the procurement tracker is up to date.
- Closely work with Awards/program team and provide inputs for new proposal development, donor reporting and compliance issues. Participate in kick off meetings.
- Work with program and awards teams for Risk Matrix preparation and periodic revision.
- Liaison with the Latin America and Caribbean Regional Office and SC Centre on logistics matters as necessary.
- Work with internal and external audit teams and provide necessary requisites.
- Plan for regular support schemes for distantly located teams, i.e. Field Offices in Dessalines and Cance. Provide ad-hoc support as and when comes urgent.
- Participate in the Haiti Logistics Cluster.
- Provide technical inputs to partner organisations logistics policies, procedures and practices.
Knowledge Management (10%)
- Assist the team members in acquiring extended knowledge, techniques and tools in supply chain management.
- Organise and facilitate regular knowledge sharing sessions for the supply chain team members.
- Provide on the job and ad-hoc trainings to the team members.
- Creating opportunities for team members for appropriate external trainings and education schemes.
Leadership and People Management (20%)
- Set oneself as exemplary to the team members.
- Create a ‘team’ environment and ensure a team approach is in place to achieve organisation’s and team’s goal and objectives.
- Conduct performance management as per Develop to Perform procedure to the people under direct line management and assist them to identify their appropriate and measurable performance objectives.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to the team members.
- Contribute to team members’ interpersonal development, e.g. communication, emotional management, working with others, etc.
This is a national position. We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday.
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Send us your CV and a cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bXBhZGlsbGEuMTM0NDcuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t