Talent Acquisition Associate, Social Impact, Remote
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over one hundred countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact strives to be a great place to work. We are proud of our diversity and actively seek to expand it as a way of improving our employees’ experience, our collective professional breadth, and the quality of the work we do. We seek to promote equity and inclusion through our policies and practices and build a culture of belonging for everyone where differences and authenticity are honored and embraced. We work hard to create opportunities for growth and ensure that our staff are fulfilled and engaged. We believe we are better when we collaborate, learn from one another, and have fun while working hard.
SI is seeking an experienced, full-time Talent Acquisition Associate to work with a hard-working and fun recruitment team under SI’s Business Development Unit and will report to the Director of Talent Acquisition. The Associate will lead recruitment efforts on proposals for USG, foundations and other donors worldwide. In addition, as SI is looking to constantly improve, the Associate will have the opportunity to take on internal initiatives including participation in conducting staff training on recruitment procedures, streamlining company-wide recruitment processes, and brainstorming on improvement of staffing and recruitment proposal writing. This is a full-time position authorized to be fully remote or to be based in the Arlington, VA area on a hybrid remote/in-person model.
- Serve as the lead recruiter on proposals across a variety of sectors.
- Recruit for select positions supporting another recruiter on larger proposals.
- Conduct talent acquisition processes and promote DEI&B best practices throughout all recruitment steps.
- Work closely with the SI proposal team members to ensure communication on staffing and recruitment throughout the proposal.
- Demonstrate full-cycle candidate care and communication with contacted and proposed candidates throughout the proposal recruitment process to build SI’s network and long-term relationships. Notify interviewed candidates should they not be selected as finalists and maintain regular communication with proposed candidates after submission of a proposal.
- Develop draft and final organizational charts based on the proposal’s scope of work, to direct discussions with the SI proposal team to guide recruitment efforts and the structure of the proposed team.
- Develop and post position descriptions on appropriate recruiting sources.
- Creatively source qualified expatriate and local personnel for high priority key and non-key personnel proposal positions.
- Assist the SI Technical Lead of the proposal in determining finalist candidates for their approval according to proposal positions/requirements, including providing them with summaries and recommendations of short-listed candidates, coordinating and conducting tailored interviews with the Tech Lead, and assessing the overall proposed team skill sets to guide the decision-making.
- For each finalist proposal candidate: conduct reference checks; collect and verify biodata rates for the Cost Lead’s approval; conduct and document full salary, citizenship, and education verifications; and conduct salary or daily rate negotiations.
- Collect Letters of Commitment, writing samples, Conflict of Interest forms, other candidate documents required by the solicitation.
- Format and tailor CVs and develop well-crafted bioblurbs for each proposed candidate according to the position and solicitation qualifications. Draft personnel, staffing, and recruitment-related sections of the proposal.
- Work with the Proposal Manager to provide quality assurance on personnel-related documentation.
- Work with Technical Lead (or delegated team member) to create a Short-Term Technical Assistance roster if necessary.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years of relevant experience or the equivalent of education experience.
- Experience working with USAID and other development agencies preferred.
- Very strong professionalism and oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Must be fully comfortable utilizing online applicant systems and candidate database as a recruitment tool.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work and learning environment.
- Foreign language skills (Spanish, French) desirable.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply
To apply, please follow the link to our Careers site.
Closing date: 9/30/2022