Islamic Relief Worldwide is a faith-inspired humanitarian and development agency working to save and transform the lives of some of the world’s most vulnerable people. Established in 1984, we now work in over 45 countries assisting individuals, families and communities through emergency response and development projects that typically help over 10 million people each year. Islamic Relief Lebanon office (IRL) is a humanitarian INGO and one of IRW’s field offices dedicated to alleviating poverty and suffering in Lebanon. IRL has been active since 2006 initiating different projects and activities to support needy people.
IRL is currently looking to recruit technical consultants with expertise on following areas:
- Partner mapping and creation of database based on sector-based experience
- Development of Education, Health and WASH policies, guidelines and SOP in line with the global policies and aligned to Lebanon context
- Development of MEAL system aligned to IRLs program
- Development of an infographic system and training module
- Identify and develop a local partnerships database through a comprehensive sector-based capacity assessment in IRLs intervention areas.
- Development of sector – based technical management system through a comprehensive gap analysis process.
- Development of a MEAL management system including infographic training.
Key tasks included:
In consultation with the Country Director, Head of Programs the and relevant IRL staff members technical consultant/s will:
- Review and draft the existing mechanisms in place on sector-based programs, partnerships and MEAL system to identify the key gaps.
- Interview the relevant staff members and key stakeholders in-country
- Collection and analysis of the existing documentation for review
- Meetings with relevant stakeholders in IRLs areas of intervention
- Development of required tools for data collection, analysis and reporting. This should be approved by the IRL management team.
- Field visits as required
- An induction training to all program and MEAL staff
- Debrief the IRL management team on the overall deliverables at the end of the assignment
Competency and expertise required:
- Advanced university degree in public health, education, civil engineering and/or social sciences.
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience, international and national, working on development of technical policies, guidelines, SOPs and MEAL systems in the field of humanitarian and development.
- Experience in development of technical tools and high-quality reports
- For the deliverable (1) excellent command writing and speaking of Arabic and English languages are essential. For the deliverable (2&3), excellent command writing and speaking English languages is essential. Arabic is desirable.
- Proven experience in producing high quality report and documents
- Familiarity with Lebanon context
- Proven experience of working with UN-IASC cluster and Institutional donors.
- Demonstration of cultural sensitivity and adhering to IR values
Technical qualification – University degree
Proven first-hand experience on the subject matter and track record of high-quality delivery
Experience in the field of humanitarian and development especially in the context of Lebanon or similar context
Duration of the consultancy
Estimated number of working days
Development of the partner data base – end product
Development of the Technical policies, guidelines and the SOPs (3 sectors)
10 days (each sector)
Development of the MEAL system
Payments terms and Conditions:
The payments will be made via bank transfer or cheque (Fresh USD). All applicable government taxes will be excluded from the payment amount. The payment will be processed after receiving the products and approval of IRL management.
The applicants are required to submit a proposal to the Islamic Relief Lebanon with the following:
- CV and a cover letter stating the experience and suitability to the consultancy based on the required qualification and technical expertise
- Maximum of 5-page technical proposal detailing the understanding of the TOR, outline of the methodology intended to be used and timeline of deliverables by key activities.
- Financial proposal
- Three references from your recent work on the required subject matters
Name of Organization/Business
Title & Name of Contact Person
Type of product / services provided to client
How to apply
Applications should be sent to ( [email protected] ) with the subject line of “STRIDE- Technical Consultancy”, no later than 03rd October 2022.
For any inquiry, please send your questions to ( [email protected] ) with the subject line of “STRIDE-Technical Consultancy Inquiry”, no later than 23rd September 2022. Any query beyond the specified date will not be considered due to time limitation.