Save the Children
Temporary Construction site supervisor (2 Positions)-Somalia National
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Reports to: DRSLPII Project Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: Non
Role Dimensions: DRSLPII project is implemented by Save the Children works in Southern States, Puntland, and Somaliland
To contribute to Save the Children’s capacity to meet its drought response and child survival objectives in Somalia regions, through the provision of quality and continuous supervision of infrastructure activities for designated ministry of livestock, forestry, and Range (MoLFR) and Ministry of Energy and Water resource (MoEWR) in Mogadishu.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc. Degree in Civil Engineering from a reputable University.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Building construction with excellent hands-on construction skills.
- Experience in Computer Aided Designs like AUTOCAD, ARCHICAD, REVIT ETC is MUST
- Experience in quantity surveying, project design, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to write clear, well-argued technical assessment and project reports
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation
- Excellent communication skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Commitment to SC’s Child Protection Policy
- Computer literate (ability to use advanced excel)
Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will be close on 21th April -2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS45ODgyOS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20