Job Title: Trademark Manager
Location: Bonn, Germany (remote work not possible)
Contract duration: Temporary contract – 2 years contract (extension possible, subject to satisfactory performance).
On behalf of our client, an INGO, DRS is looking for a Trademark Manager to work with the organization’s trademarks to achieve its mission. In managing the trademarks, the candidate will engage with an array of stakeholders: Leading global brands to smaller companies, all committed to responsible forestry; organizations from diverse memberships such as environmental and social NGOs; collaboration across the teams in the Markets and Communication Unit and beyond.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- To develop trademark use requirements and services for different user groups, including certificate holders, project certificate holders and promotional licence holders.
- To engage with companies to drive the visibility and correct use of the trademarks in line with the organization´s goals.
- To manage projects to drive the correct use of public claims made with trademarks.
- To respond to trademark-related inquiries from different user groups.
- To develop normative documents, guidance materials, and training courses on trademark use.
- To support communication and knowledge sharing of trademark-related information of the team globally.
- To oversee the processing of misuse cases of trademark users.
- To work together collaboratively with other team members to best fulfil the responsibilities.
- Additional tasks as agreed with the supervisor and project work assigned by special organizational needs.
Qualifications and competencies:
- University degree or equivalent training in a related field, such as business administration, economics, international relations, marketing, communications, forest product markets, and law.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in trademark management, certification
- schemes, sustainability, global market development, corporate social responsibility, or other related fields.
- Experience in working with international organizations or international project teams.
- Very strong English writing and speaking skills.
- Ability to perform well while simultaneously handling several processes and projects.
- Solutions and service-oriented attitude to work.
- Project management experience and proven ability to plan and organize work.
- A strong sense of diligence and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Computer Skills: Good skills in the use of/experience with:
- Standard software packages (MS Office).
- Database management platforms are a plus.
- CRM (Customer Relations Management) is a plus.
Language and Communication Skills:
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Spanish (spoken and written) is a plus.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
How to apply
The updated CVs in English should be submitted to [email protected], under the title: DRS 11409 Trademark Manager. Due to the high number of applications received via the DevelopmentAid website, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only.