General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
We are seeking to hire a full time Translation Team Leader
Reporting to the HR & Admin Manager, the Translation Team Leader performs interpreting / translating services of oral and/or written communications between English and Arabic in a variety of settings; and performs other duties including translators’ team management tasks.
The Translation Team Leader performs a wide range of duties including some of the following:
Duties, objectives, and competencies
- Manage the Translation Team to ensure effective, efficient, and timely delivery of translation and interpretation services
- Monitor translators’ participation in assignments and manage the flow of day-to-day assignments
- Ensure that high quality translation and interpretation services are provided
- Ensure team’s compliance with all GOAL policies and procedures
- Keep updated trackers of team activities
- Provide interpreting / transliterating services for meetings, interviews, telephone calls, etc. including one to one and group settings.
- Translate orally or in written form all documents presented by staff, and other individuals.
- Prepare written translations of instructional, policy and educational materials, correspondence, and forms from one language to another when appropriate for use by the staff, and other individuals.
- Review translated material for accuracy of meaning, grammar, and syntax.
- Relay concepts and ideas between languages.
- Convert written materials from one language into another, such as books, web pages.
- Create a new text in the target language that reproduces the content and style of the original.
- Receive and submit assignments electronically.
- Use dictionaries and glossaries for reference.
- Any other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Translation, or Interpretation. Postgraduate degree would be highly regarded.
- At least 3-year previous experience working in the field of translation/ interpretation
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic
- Previous experience supervising/leading team
- Syrian with previous working experience with NGOs in Syria
- Excellent IT Skills
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Staff management experience and good inter-personnel skills
- Enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the organization
- Supervisory skills, Team building skills, Problem solving skills, basic counselling skills, and negotiations skills
- Report/proposal writing skills
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise varied tasks.
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Flexible, creative, and able to resolve issues and identify solutions.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 25 April, 2022.
Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please do not respond.
“يرجى ملاحظة أن منظمة جول GOAL لا تفرض أي رسوم من أي نوع أو أي التزام مالي آخر في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف (الطلب ، المقابلة ، المعالجة ، التدريب ، التعريف) أو رسوم أخرى ، و لا تطالب بأي معلومات عن الحسابات المصرفية البنكيه للمتقدمين على الشواغر. لا تعمل جول GOAL مع المؤسسات الوسيطة والأفراد أو وكالات التوظيف أثناء عملية التوظيف. في حالة طلب أي رسوم أو مستحقات منك خلال عملة التقديم على الوظائف الشاغره أو في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف ، يرجى إلابلاغ عدم الاستجابه
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behavior of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.