American Bar Association
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks a Program Manager to support a U.S. government funded project in Ukraine focused on promoting Internet freedom and online freedom of expression. He/she will take a lead role in the design and implementation of program activities. This position will eventually be based in Kyiv but for the foreseeable future it is based remotely.
· Design and oversee program activities in collaboration with colleagues, partners, and local stakeholders.
· Manages day-to-day communications with local partners.
· Provide support for program start-up and close-out.
· Administer the programmatic aspects of subawards, including developing RFAs, reviewing applications and conducting pre-award due diligence, award implementation, and close-out.
· Actively engage with subgrantees to ensure effective implementation of subgrant activities, including frequent communication, reviewing programmatic reports, and making site visits.
· Work with field financial manager to support financial activities as needed, including program budgeting.
· Communicate consistently with country director, program manager, and DC-based program staff.
· Support outreach and communications activities.
· Administer Performance Monitoring and Evaluation plan for program, including monitoring activities, collecting and analyzing data, and leading frequent evaluation check-ins with ABA ROLI DC and donors.
· Work with other program staff and program director to produce monthly and quarterly programmatic reports.
· Higher degree from an accredited university in law, international relations, international economics management or related fields, and at least 7 years of progressive experience.
· Experience working on donor funded foreign assistance programs, preferably rule of law reform, Internet freedom, and online freedom of expression.
· Strong experience administering grants programs and knowledge of donor regulations.
· Experience developing and delivering workshops and facilitating working groups.
· Experience with establishing and supporting local or regional networks preferred.
· Must be a self-starter and comfortable working independently.
· Excellent communication skills and ability stay in close coordination with program staff in Ukraine and in the U.S.
· Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with legal institutions, government officials, and international and local NGOs.
· Must be fluent in Ukrainian and English.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send CV’s and relevant documents to [email protected]
*Closing date: 4-Nov-22