The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is recruiting members for the UNHCR-DRC Registration Roster for deployment to countries neighboring Ukraine.
Fluency in Ukrainian/Russian/Polish/Romanian is desired.
The establishment, preservation and management of identities is central to UNHCR’s mandated role, and underpins all aspects of its protection, assistance and solutions work. UNHCR continues to expand its resources and impact in providing support to field operations in responding to emergency situations, as well as strengthening support to ongoing registration and verification exercises. This is done while acknowledging host states’ primary responsibility for registration of refugees and asylum-seekers, and while supporting governments to build asylum, civil registration, and national identity management systems.
For this reason, DRC seeks to mobilize and deploy experienced Registration Management Specialists and/or Operations Data Management Specialists to UNHCR operations in countries neighboring Ukraine to increase the operational capacity to conduct registration in order to facilitate protection and assistance delivery while ensuring integrity. Quality and real-time registration data will also be used for programming and evidence-based decision making.
We are looking for qualified Registration Specialists and/or Operations Data Management Specialists proficient in English AND preferably a language relevant to the Ukraine crisis (Ukrainian, Russian, Polish, Romanian) who are ready to work effectively in duty stations in countries neighbouring Ukraine.
The following general qualifications are taken into consideration as a requirement for membership of the Registration Roster:
The Registration Specialist profile:
- Previous registration experience
- Case Processing Experience (Protection/Resettlement/Assistance, etc.)
- Experience delivering trainings or participation in relevant trainings on data collection, analysis, statistics
- Experience working with partners, including government, NGOs, etc.
- Familiarity with UNHCR or other registration tools and applications
- Experience managing data, generating and analyzing statistical reports
- Any other relevant experience (information management, ICT, Business Analysis)
The Operations Data Management (ODM) Specialist profile:
- Previous ODM experience (Data Processor or Data Manager)
- Familiarity with tools and applications, including (UNHCR) Population Registration and Identity Management EcoSystem (PRIMES), such as:
- proGres version 4
- Rapid Application (RApp)
- Biometric Identity Management System (BIMS) and IrisGuard
- Global Distribution Tool (GDT)
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Experience generating and analyzing statistical reports
- Experience delivering trainings or participation in relevant trainings on data collection, analysis and statistics
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment
How to apply
To be considered for the Registration Roster, please apply via this link.
Your application must include the following:
- UN P11 form
- Three references
In the course of the application, you will be asked to provide the names and email addresses of three references, which must include at least one current or previous supervisor. It is advisable that you inform them of your application to the Registration Roster at an early date to avoid delay in processing your application.
- Cover letter (Maximum 1 page)
In your cover letter, please specify the skills that make you suitable for the deployments under the Registration Roster**.**
- A Performance evaluation (if available)
For candidates who work/have worked at UNHCR or other organizations, please provide a copy of your latest evaluation report.
Your P11 form, cover letter and performance evaluation should be uploaded on the application platform. To apply please click on “apply for position” on this advertisement. We only accept applications sent through the platform.
Deadline for applications is on 24 April at 23:59 CET. CV/P11s sent directly to DRC will not be considered. Please be informed that we will screen applications on an ongoing basis and may consequently contact relevant candidates prior to the application deadline. If you have questions or are having problems with the online application system, please contact [email protected].
For more information on the Registration Roster in general, please visit our website.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!