International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Program Analyst (Citizen Security)
Department/Location: USAID/ El Salvador
Clearance Required: Facilities Access
Overview: The Program Analyst would fill in a staffing gap for a Program Officer in the Citizen Security Technical Office. Deliverables would be in the form of technical memoranda, reports, analyses, and other written documentation as requested throughout the contract period of performance.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Program Cycle Management: Guides the Operating Unit (OU) in all aspects of the “Program Cycle” from strategic planning, to project and activity design and implementation to monitoring, evaluation, and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA), to policy formulation. Implements, with regular guidance and supervision, policies, practices, and procedures based on a demonstrated understanding of development theory, USG development and foreign policy priorities, USAID policies and guidance, and the legislative framework governing foreign assistance. Engenders critical thinking within the Mission and the interagency arena that examines assumptions and fully explores alternatives in plans, operations, and resources and adapts programming as necessary. Leads or assists in gathering and analyzing information and data for performance reporting; programming and performance-based budgeting; and program/policy coordination with other donors and USG agencies.
- Strategic Planning: Advises and guides strategic planning, including the work of technical and Development Objective teams on strategic analysis and theories of change. Understands and applies Agency strategy guidance, including strategic planning and analytical requirements, to create sound theories of change that include development hypotheses with clear causal linkages, and corresponding indicators at different levels; adapts these theories and indicators as needed. Promotes collaboration by technical and functional teams in the strategy development process, including collaboration with host-country and inter-agency priorities.
- Project and Activity Design: Leads or assists in the design and development of projects and activities based on the approved Mission strategy and theory of change. Demonstrates an understanding of project development and corresponding analytical requirements, Agency policy directives and sector strategies, and how to apply them. Understands and applies Agency project design guidance, including planning and analytical requirements, to create sound theories of change that include development hypotheses with clear causal linkages and corresponding indicators. Has adequate knowledge needed to lead or participate on Project Design Teams and to apply Agency policy, directives, and sector strategies regarding project design. Promotes technical team collaboration in the project development process and leads on adaptive management.
- Budget and Resources: Provides expertise for budgeting of foreign assistance resources. Demonstrates and applies an understanding of budget cycle and resource management processes, including legislative requirements to optimally align program-budget resources with strategy and policy objectives. Implements project-level multi-year budgeting processes that reflect all resources required to implement a project. Prepares annual reports and analyses related to the budget cycle. Receives and processes budget allowances, and coordinates with technical teams regarding funding requirements. Maintains the OU’s planned and implemented budget. Analyzes budget data in order to propose budget solutions to pipeline issues, changes in country context, USG priorities, and programmatic performance.
- Development Cooperation and Partnering: Supports and advocates for donor and host government coordination and strategic engagement to leverage development resources with external partners, including non-traditional partners.. Demonstrates and applies knowledge of aid and development effectiveness principles, supports donor coordination, and assists in US government interagency coordination to achieve common USG objectives.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA): Applies a sound understanding of monitoring, evaluation, and CLA principles and associated USAID policy and guidance. Plans, budgets and manages monitoring and evaluation activities in coordination with technical or Development Objective teams. Monitors and assesses program performance, progress, and follow-up from portfolio reviews. Assists technical offices to design and secure resources for data-quality assessments, project and activity monitoring, evaluation, and learning plans and events; and to determine the knowledge gaps for program learning and adaptation. . Applies an understanding of reporting requirements and formats through preparation of planning, budgeting, and performance reporting documentation, and guides staff in other offices to complete required documentation. Assists in applying learning to strategic planning, project and activity design and implementation through adaptive management.
- Outreach and Communications: Assists and coordinates outreach and communication with various external entities, including the Embassy Public Affairs Section and LPA/Washington to support development and foreign policy objectives. Advises and assists technical teams on how to align communications products and branding and marking plans with development objectives, key messages, and Agency policy. Compiles and maintains USAID outreach materials, and assesses the need for additional materials such as program descriptions, success stories, country sheets, and web-based social media tools. Demonstrates the ability to articulate Agency policies and US foreign policy, to communicate well with people at all levels, and to effectively facilitate discussions and/or meetings.
- Reporting and Policy: Leads or assists in gathering and analyzing information and data for performance reporting; programming and performance-based budgeting; and program/policy coordination with other donors and USG agencies. Assists in providing staff support to the Mission Director on the application of development paradigms and aid and development effectiveness principles with host-country and international partners on matters of broad USG interest. Analyzes budget data in order to propose budget solutions to pipeline issues, changes in country context, USG priorities, and programmatic performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in a program officer or comparable position capacity to that of a Foreign Service Officer who engages in program support and administration.
Education: A bachelor’s degree or higher.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge, skills, and abilities, as expected of a Program Officer, to include: program analysis, budgeting, planning, design, authorization, implementation, reporting, and evaluation; and/or planning, design, development, negotiation, financial analysis, and implementation of grant and loan funded projects.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
COVID Vaccine status: As a condition of employment, IBTCI requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates should be prepared to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire or request for an accommodation with HR that is consistent with our COVID-19 safety protocols and policies.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in El Salvador
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).
How to apply
Deadline: 12 Apr 2024