Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 12 months
Location: Región Centroccidental
ABOUT THE MISSION
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is a French humanitarian organization that provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 39 years, our organization has worked towards meeting the three basic needs – water, food and shelter – of vulnerable and crisis-affected populations, and has been more specifically committed to fight against waterborne diseases, leading cause of death in the world. SI’s interventions are carried out based on its expertise in the field of access to safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential ones of food security and livelihoods. SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is currently present in about 20 countries where SI staff – a total of 2,000 people comprising expatriates, local staff, HQ employees and some volunteers – implements programs with professionalism and commitment whilst being mindful of respecting other cultures.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has started its activities in Venezuela relatively recently. After several exploratory missions were carried out in 2019, missions were opened and progressively increased their scopes of intervention. They now include activities such as WASH in health facilities, schools and targeted rural or urban communities through the improvement of water services and hygiene practices. SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL operated in Venezuela within Consortiums with other French NGOs and some of its activities are implemented through local partners.
ABOUT THE JOB
- The Field Coordinator has the role of delegated Country Director for an area within the country in which Solidarités International intervenes.
- He/she proposes a regional strategy according to the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensures its implementation once validated.
- He/she checks and ensures that projects are carried out in accordance with the Solidarités International charter, respecting all internal and contractual procedures
- He/she mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for programs to run smoothly, and supervises resource management.
- He/she coordinates the teams in place and is responsible for their security in his/her assigned zone.
- He/she is responsible for the coordination with local actors including UN, local actors (NGOs, Authorities) and INGOs.
- He/she is in charge of supervising partnerships with local NGOs (contractual management, capacity building, coordination)
- He/she is the Country Director’s direct contact and representative.
Responsibilities and main activities:
- Coordination and strategic orientation
- Relevance and operational quality / operation monitoring
- Resource management
- Collaboration and coordination
- Human resource management
- Security management
- Context analysis
- Financial backer relations / search for funding
- Internal and external communication
- Representation and coordination
- Higher degree in project management, political science, administration or economy is welcome
- Qualities: Good planning, anticipation, organization and coordination skills to deal with a large daily volume of internal and external demands. Resistance to stress. Strong sense of diplomacy and experience of working in an intercultural environment. Team spirit, ability to federate and coordinate team members and to act as their manager/hierarchical supervisor.
- Languages: Fluent in English & Spanish (compulsory)
- At least 2 years of previous experience in management position at base level
- Proven experience of project implementation at field level either as program manager, logistician or administrator
- Strategic vision and good context analysis
- proven experience of security and access management
- Knowledge of Venezuelan context is an asset.
- Strong knowledge about the humanitarian environments is a prerequisite
- Experience in Latin America is an asset
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of humanitarian project cycles;
- Technical experience in Logistics is an assets
- MS office, advanced in Excel.
- Knowledge of SAGA and Homere an asset
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: According to experience, starting from 2 600 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly i.e. 2 860 euros gross per month) and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every three months (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités). To these break periods, one additional rest day per month worked is granted.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
How to apply
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English through the following link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=71990
CV only applications will not be considered
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/