Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
The overall objective of the consultant is to assist in increasing the visibility and enhance the online presence of the division’s publications, the MPFA, produce communication tools and data collection for the quarterly newsletters, and maintenance of the LEM website/webpage and various social media accounts. The consultant is to coordinate the communication activities of the division as well as to produce project summary success stories while acting as the liaison to various partners, RECs and member states on all communication related activities effectively.
The contractor is mainly responsible for providing the following services amongst other tasks:
- Provide technical support to the Labour, Employment and Migration (LEM) Division in the implementation of Communication Strategy of the Migration Policy Framework for Africa, AU CCM and JLMP.
- Develop technical plans and review projects communication tools to support various programming initiatives of LEM division.
- Assist in the coordination of all communication activities for projects especially in relation to public awareness for key campaigns.
- Collect and compile updated programme/project profiles from various programming initiatives of the LEM division on a bi-monthly basis and prepare the programme/project summary documents.
- Support documentation of project results like success stories including photography and video taping
- As the LEM’s Media Focal Point, coordinate and publicize LEM division’s events, launches and reports in coordination with the Head of Division.
- Prepare press releases and briefing notes for press conferences, which are run by the Division in coordination with project coordinators.
- Identify key stakeholder in media and develop strategies for media engagement to help popularise the activities of the LEM and encourage public awareness and participation
- Support production of written materials for publication and publicity, such as newsletters, annual reports, brochures, leaflets
- Recommend layout and design of reports and other similar documents
- Identify suitable media channels and agents’ partners to support dissemination of key policy messages.
- Support on the set up of the LEM knowledge management platform
- Coordination/liaison with AU CCM, DIC and partners on the sphere of MPFA communication
- Manage social media, twitter, set up LEM email address, regular posting of activities
- Manage, support content development and maintenance (regular updates) for the website and digital/social media
- Provide technical support to editorial and content development
- Any other related tasks as assigned
Period of assignment: December 1st, 2022 to May 31st, 2024 for up to 144 working days (remotely).
How to apply
Please request all tender documents via email from [email protected] by mentioning 83417230 _ Short-term consultancy to support media, communication and PR related activities on your subject email.
Tender documents include Invitation letter with ;
- Terms of reference (ToR) with description of tasks,
- Price sheet for submission of financial offer,
- Evaluation grid for technical evaluation of the offers,
- Bidding conditions,
- General Terms and Conditions of Contract (AVB local),
- Eligibility self-declaration,
- Specimen association clause
- Extract from act against restraints on competition.
Closing date: 5-Oct-22