Action Contre la Faim France
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Under the supervision of the Country Director, your major responsibilities will be to :
– Coordinate ACF country strategy implementation at field level in the North base
– Coordinate the overall program implementation at field level
– Manage the team through recruitment, training and supervision of all direct reports
– Facilitate good relationships with the coordination team
– Represent ACF and liaise with regional authorities, UN, NGOs at field and regional level
– Ensure reporting and communication
– Ensure the security and safety of the staff in the area of intervention
You hold a Master’s Degree, ideally in Humanitarian Program Coordination, International Development, International Relations and you have at least 3 years of field experience in operational management of humanitarian programs in a similar role and in emergency contexts.
You have experience in security and safety management in volatile environments and excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
You are passionate about management, and have the ability to support and empower your team.
You have excellent adaptable skill and cultural awareness and are able to work with various nationalities
You are fluent in English and Portuguese (Italian and Spanish speakers can also be considered for the position)
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 12 fixed term contract under French legislation
– Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800EUR upon experience
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 503EUR net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 450EUR
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here
Closing date: 1 Feb 2023