Posted on: 30/12/22
Desired start date: 01/02/2023
Duration of the mission: 12 months
Location: Pemba – Mozambique
QUE FAISONS NOUS …
- Mission: size, bases, budget, number of expatriates and national staffs.
Solidarités International intervened in Mozambique in March 2019 for a few months following the passage of Cyclone Idai, which hit the Province of Sofala and the city of Beira hard. Operations were suspended after the emergency phase and the mission closed. The evolution of the situation in Cabo Delgado province, hit by several cyclones and severely affected by the violent actions of armed groups claiming to be IS, which caused the displacement of nearly 800 000 people, led to an assessment in May 2021 and to the reopening of the mission. The assessment, carried out in the most affected district highlighted needs, particularly in the WASH sector, and the lack of emergency actors. The mission is opening in a complex security and administrative environment, where access will be a major issue.
Solidarites International was one of the first INGO actors to respond to the growing crisis in Cabo Delgado, leading emergency response and distributions in hard-to-reach areas. SI has completed its opening phase, and is massively scaling up in 2022. A new field base is planned for the first half of 2022, and multiple new projects are opening including a 5 M USD BHA project.
- Type and content of program
Multisector programs including emergency response and humanitarian activities in camp, non-camp, and conflict-affected settings as well as more sustainable projects (infrastructure rehabs). The area of intervention is Mueda, Nangade, Muidumbe districts, in the north of Cabo Delgado Province. Activities are encompassing WASH (both emergency and infrastructure works), RRM, Shelter, FSL and CCCM. They are covered under several different donors and grants (UNICEF, SDC, ECHO, UNHCR, IOM, CDC, BHA). Key program activities include non-hardware WASH components such as latrine construction, water trucking and hygiene promotion; rehabilitation and construction of water infrastructures; supporting assessments and response in new emergencies; general food distribution; and camp management on 7 official camps and additional informal ones. In addition, the BHA project starting in summer 22 is including a food security component, which will be the first one for SI in Mozambique.
DESCRIPTIF DU POSTE
The Emergency Coordinator is in charge of Solidarités International’s Emergency activities and strategy in Mozambique and of the coordination of emergency activities (both internal and external) at the country level. He/she is in charge of the follow up of the Humanitarian situation in Mozambique and the development of emergency activities at mission level.
The Emergency Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director for Program based in Pemba. He/She will be as such a part of coordination team.
The Emergency Coordinator position’s main objectives are to properly achieve the following global tasks:
- Management and development of SI Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) projects
- Lead operational coordination of the RRM consortium (NRC, ACF, SI)
- Trends consolidation and analysis of the contextual and humanitarian situation in Mozambique
- Development and adjustment of SI overall emergency response in Mozambique
- Coordination of Project Cycle Management of Emergency programs
- External Coordination and Representation towards humanitarian and non-humanitarian actors
Education: Any generalist background with a high sensitivity on context analysis is welcome
- At least 3 years of experience as manager in humanitarian environments.
- Significant previous experiences in emergency contexts and protracted crises
- Experience in conducting technical assessment and project evaluation.
- Experience in capacity buildings of teams;
- Skills in humanitarian analysis and external representation
- Coordination of RRM project an asset
- Experience in Mozambique is an asset
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Good knowledge on RRM project management , RRM Report and proposal writing;
- Strategic thinking.
- Able to quickly understand complex situations and to coordinate both emergencies
- Technical knowledge on behaviour changes approach;
- Able to develop RRM on coordination with other NGOs (consortium)
- Able to work in hight volatile environment
- Able to coordinate the consortium on operational approaches
Languages: English is mandatory, Portuguese (or fluent in Spanish or Italian) an asset
Other desirable qualities: leadership and management / coordination with partners / planning and prioritization / flexibility / capacity to work under stress / solution making oriented / Team player
SI VOUS OFFRIRA LES CONDITIONS SUIVANTES
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 2400 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
How to apply
Closing date: 29 Jan 2023