Seefar is seeking an experienced Account Manager, with complete fluency in English and French, for a 3 year programme in Côte d’Ivoire.
You work within a people-focused sector and have demonstrated experience creating partnerships and coordinating training; have thematic experience on, and a strong interest in, education, capacity building and supporting ethical livelihoods and working conditions; enjoy working in a high performing team from multiple countries; be a flexible, problem solver; and are results focused. You must be based in Cote d’Ivoire and may have the opportunity to travel (COVID-19 and security dependent). This is a full-time position.
Salary: USD 3,000 to 3,500 monthly, depending on experience.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us
To get a sense of the services we specialise in at Seefar, please visit http://seefar.org/services.
For examples of projects relevant to this position, please visit
The role requires someone with five years professional experience in managing teams and implementing projects and who is smart, intrinsically motivated, worldly, interested in hard challenges and is highly flexible and efficient. The role will require French and English fluency.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention.
Deliver: Project and Mission Implementation
Approximately 80% of your time and attention:
- You will be responsible for delivering the following outputs:
- With support from your team, securing agreements with 100 agricultural or other low-level industry businesses to share contextual and practical resources to improve the welfare of migrant workers;
- Be the focal point for providing in-depth engagement and capacity building for 5 of those businesses;
- Coordinating the development of training resources to improve worker welfare whilst maintaining profits;
- Coordinating 18 online and in-person training workshops for businesses.
- Recruiting, training, supervising and developing a project team to deliver project outputs.
- Managing in-country relationships, including with local authorities.
- Supporting the Programme Manager with project management tasks, utilising Seefar’s internal project systems and processes.
- Producing regular internal and external project reports.
- Ensure donors’ needs are met and expectations exceeded where possible.
- Other tasks as directed by the Programme Manager.
Develop: Capabilities and Program Portfolio
Approximately 10% of your time and attention:
- Develop project teams. For example, this would include mentoring teams and leading recruitment.
- Learning, growing and developing professionally and personally.
- Strengthen the Enterprise’s reputation and profile in our areas of expertise.
Direct: Global Management
Approximately 10% of your time and attention:
- Represent and demonstrate the Enterprise’s values.
- Cooperate with other areas of Seefar, including to communicate substantive and administrative information that supports corporate management overall. For example, this would include ensuring effective internal reporting at the project and program level.
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
An Excellent Candidate
Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered for this position.
Minimum requirements are as follows:
- An undergraduate degree
- 5 years experience in a people-focussed sector, preferably in Cote d’Ivoire
- Demonstrable partnership building and stakeholder engagement.
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English and French. Your writing skills are excellent and you are confident in engaging with donors and stakeholders to ensure projects align with donor expectations.
Applicants must be highly organised, have the ability to prioritise and are highly productive. You are naturally responsive and are client focussed, while also able to work autonomously. You are motivated by an Enterprise performance framework focused on social impact.
How to apply
On or before 15th October 2022, complete our online application form. Before you start, you should do the following:
Confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- Complete fluency in oral and written English and French, including clear and succinct writing skills.
- An undergraduate degree.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel outside your region.
- 5 years experience implementing livelihoods, recruitment or training related projects, preferably in developing or conflict affected countries.
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format. You will upload this in our online application form.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that explains how your experience makes you the right fit for this role. You will upload this in our online application form.