International Development Law Organization
IDLO IN THE PHILIPPINES
The Philippines has been an IDLO Member Party since 1989 and IDLO works in the Philippines since 1996. From 1996 through 2001, it established the Asia Regional Training Office (ARTO) in Manila and provided training and technical assistance for the developing and transition economy countries of southeast and central Asia and the Pacific. In 2016, IDLO re-established its presence in the country, working to strengthen the capacity of prosecutors through capacity and institutions strengthening activities and supporting justice sector reform in the Philippines by providing technical expertise.
The Administration and Procurement Associate will provide support to the Country Office team by diligently delivering on administrative tasks and following procurement policies to quickly and efficiently mee the needs of the Country Team.
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, and with technical guidance from relevant HQ colleagues, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Lead Procurement and Logistic processes for Country Office
- Serve as Primary Procurement Focal Point in managing procurement procedure in MS Dynamics NAV;
- Develop and update the Project Procurement Plan for the country office;
- Lead in Vendor management, including market research, vendor sourcing and selection, cost estimation for goods and services and vendor database management;
- Prepare and deliver Request for Quotations (RFQs), Framework Agreements, Invitation to Bid (ITBs), Purchase Orders (POs) and Contracts to vendors and ensure proper documentation and approvals;
- Follow-up on Payment Requests (RPs), Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and Travel Requests for program activities and ensure proper preparation and documentation;
- Maintain electronic and physical filing system for all procurement and administrative efforts.
Provide administrative and program support and ensure process integrity, including:
- Monitor consultancy and contract agreements and assist colleagues with the implementation of procurement procedures;
- Coordinate with the program coordinators on procurement and logistic needs of all program activities
- Support the Finance and Admin Manager in all tasks related to procurement and administration;
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, procurement or other relevant field from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant professional experience providing administration and procurement support to projects/programs.
- Familiarity with standard procurement policies and processes for International Organizations
- Experience working in international organization is highly desired.
- Strong professional oral and writing skills in English is required.
Specific knowledge, skills and behavioral competencies
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT and internet software.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics NAV is desired
- Specialized trainings on procurement and logistics an advantage.
- Works well with others and actively participates. Works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints; accurate and detail-oriented;
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results. The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Terms & Conditions
For this locally recruited support position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a local Affiliate contract for 12 months, with the possibility of extension, subject to performance and funding availability.
This vacancy is open to local nationals and any other permanent residents of the duty station.
IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications from qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature, or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
Application deadline: 26 March 2023
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee/consultant/intern assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the consultancy opportunity to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and in compliance with IDLO’s policy on personal data protection.
How to apply
Please make sure your application is completed online on the following link to be considered for the role:
Deadline: 26 Mar 2023